Directv email, what does it mean?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Sharpie

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 17, 2004
On behalf of all of us at DIRECTV, I would like to thank you for being a valued customer and helping us achieve a successful 2004. Over the past year, more people chose DIRECTV as their entertainment provider than all other cable and satellite providers combined! We would like to believe it's due to our commitment to giving you the very best TV experience.

How will we take this commitment to the next level? Quite simply, by rethinking TV.

Innovation is changing the way we experience TV, and in 2005, our goal is to show you that we're rethinking what television can and should be. DIRECTV plans to bring you the newest programming, the latest interactive capabilities and the very best technological advancements that, together, will change the way you see, connect and interact with television.

From a new state-of-the-art DVR, to award-winning customer satisfaction, to unique customer programs designed to enhance your overall experience, DIRECTV's spirit of innovation is all about rethinking the possibilities and rethinking what's next.

Happy New Year, and thanks again for choosing DIRECTV.

Sincerely,

Mitch Stern
President and CEO of DIRECTV

I feel like a kid at Christmas time.

Sharpie said:
On behalf of all of us at DIRECTV, I would like to thank you for being a valued customer and helping us achieve a successful 2004. Over the past year, more people chose DIRECTV as their entertainment provider than all other cable and satellite providers combined! We would like to believe it's due to our commitment to giving you the very best TV experience.

How will we take this commitment to the next level? Quite simply, by rethinking TV.

Innovation is changing the way we experience TV, and in 2005, our goal is to show you that we're rethinking what television can and should be. DIRECTV plans to bring you the newest programming, the latest interactive capabilities and the very best technological advancements that, together, will change the way you see, connect and interact with television.

From a new state-of-the-art DVR, to award-winning customer satisfaction, to unique customer programs designed to enhance your overall experience, DIRECTV's spirit of innovation is all about rethinking the possibilities and rethinking what's next.

Happy New Year, and thanks again for choosing DIRECTV.

Sincerely,

Mitch Stern
President and CEO of DIRECTV

I feel like a kid at Christmas time.

You left out the sidebar that was in that email:

Coming Up:
• Four new satellites providing over 1,500 high-definition channels across the country

• New 100-hour DVR with more interactive capabilities, available mid-2005

• Refer a friend and get a month of service – FREE, starting in March

• DIRECTV MOVERS CONNECTION™ – now free of charge

• An enhanced website that will help you get the most out of your DIRECTV experience – starting this summer

I can tell you from an installers point of view that D* is experimenting with automation. They have a Beta program in place now for activating new accounts that cuts out some of the time spent on the phone with a live CSR. How well this is working with the recent crashes I cannot say as I have been off-work for the past week due to an on-the-job injury (and will be laid up for another few weeks). D* has been moving steadily towards cutting out the middleman and bringing various operations back inhouse (i.e. a call center in my area which was formerly run by West Corp. is now a D* operated facility). The more direct control D* has over things the better the service will become.
It's nice to hear that more HD channels are coming, will be truely happy when & if I actually see some of them. I just hope the price of the HD receivers drops soon.

I see they are uping the storage capacity of their DVR to hold just a little more than the current Direct Tivos. I wonder if they will also cost half about $50 for current subscribers.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts