directv error 775

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tcpuccio1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 4, 2007
Lancaster, NY
Hey guys/gals quick question. for the past few days I have had a pixilated picture and my Genie box and alos my older HR 24 units the picture will freeze up from time to time. we have had some really nasty weather here the past week from feet of snow to 65 degrees to freezing rain and wind this am had the typical 771 error for storm after it passed and the ice thawed out off the dish still an odd pixilation issue. The power went out too for a while today/ I looked at my satellite signals and sat 110 the signal is weak I got it up as High as I can with the weather conditions and fog now too. my older recovers seem to be okay now but the genie I keep getting a black screen and then an error 775 communication error but just on the genie receiver. I unplugged the swim inserter let it set for a while and plugged it back in It seems okay but I'm not 100% sure what's going on here. do the inserters go bad often ? As always thank you in advance. I don't post here very often only when I have an issue and you guys are always spot on with an answer.

You'll want to be looking at the 101 Sat, not the 110 ...

The error 775 means the recvr is not communicating with the LNB, the Power Insertor (PI) gives the LNB the power to run it.
Unplugging the PI and plugging it back in usually resolves that issue, however, it could also mean your dish isn't aligned quite right, you mentioned having snow and Ice ... when you got the error message was there snow on the dish or Ice ?
Typically, you can have snow on the dish and be fine ... its the WET snow that causes the issues ... and Ice will as well as it will distort the signal as it hits the dish .
What were your Sat Signal numbers before the snow and Ice ?
Were looking at the 99, 101 and 103 Sats ...
If your watching in HD, like most, your really looking at the 99 and 103 Sats.

You would not get a 775 with a misaligned dish. More likely a bad cable or connector

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts