DirecTV Errors -----DVRs Records repeat episodes

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Manual timer? What is that and how do you set it up?

Hit "Menu" select "Manage Recordings" then select "Manual" There will be a menu to select the channel, one time or recurring, the start and stop times and the days of the week that you want it to record. Once you get into the menu you will figure it all out pretty easily.

Hit "Menu" select "Manage Recordings" then select "Manual" There will be a menu to select the channel, one time or recurring, the start and stop times and the days of the week that you want it to record. Once you get into the menu you will figure it all out pretty easily.
Cool...Thanks :up

I have the HR24 DVR, and other people have told me that this problem is common. The problem is only with shows that are repeated later in the day , like on Fox News or MSNBC , or Comedy Central.

When you set up the Dish series recording, it specifies only one episode a day, DirecTV will tape unlimited repeats a day unless Tribune Media Services tells them not to. It is really a hassle to be constantly cancelling and deleting all of the recordings.

There's a work-around that you can do to record the time slot manually, but that is more time-consuming and also it won't delete the old episodes automatically.

Does anyone else have the HR24 and seeing these repeated episodes?

Since I changed to the HR24, I have run into the same issue, that First run and re-runs are being recorded, I am not swetting it to much though

Just did it and there are still issues. It only has one episode in the To Do List. It did not even set this week's episode to record. The first one it set is next week's on Thursday 8/5. I even selected recurring.

It will record all episodes if they aren't marked as new or rerun, so OP, don't blame Directv or the software, blame Tribune.

It will record all episodes if they aren't marked as new or rerun, so OP, don't blame Directv or the software, blame Tribune.

Well doesn't Dish get their info from Tribune also? I've never had this problem with Dish.

I already have my new install ready for next Saturday. This issue is making me a little nervous. It's something I wouldn't really care about but the wife might have a different view on.

I pay my monthly bill to DirecTV, not Tribune Media Services.

It is DTV's responsibility to fix the problem.

Ironically, Dish Network ALSO uses Tribune Media Service for its program guide. But they have a work-around that fixes the problem so we don't have to mess around with "manual recording" that is time-consuming and also does not automatically delete older episodes as you record newer ones.

Please let's not pass the buck to TMS. DirecTV needs to address the problem itself. Too many of us Dish Network refugees know how easy it would be for them to fix the problem!

Just did it and there are still issues. It only has one episode in the To Do List. It did not even set this week's episode to record. The first one it set is next week's on Thursday 8/5. I even selected recurring.

May take a little time to populate the "to do" list. Did you select the correct days like Mon-Fri, every day, etc?

I pay my monthly bill to DirecTV, not Tribune Media Services.

It is DTV's responsibility to fix the problem.

I agree it's Directv's responsibility, but that's not the same thing as fault (blame). Directv didn't cause the problem, but they should fix it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)