DirecTV fires Installers

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Ironically, my Dish installer had been laid off from Verizon whenever they sold our market to Frontier. AT&T Fiber is hiring locally though, so I expect at least some of the DirecTV installers can get those jobs (in theory).

My ATT gigabit and Directv dish were installed by ATT guys in the funny looking little newer van cars they roll around in.

I figured it would start happening. And to be honest, one of my biggest complaints is the contractors Dish, Mediacom and Sat Internet use here. Have had some bad experiences. If you already have all these tech's running around for ATT, that can do Satellite, layoffs were gonna happen.

Let's not turn political here. That's what the Pit is for! :)

My local area has lost workers due to Surplus every year for at least the last 5 years now.
I believe all of them had at least 10 years in.
The area I am in, the low guy on the list has at least 15 years in, probably more ....
I somewhat feel bad for them as those guys with 15 years are still stuck working weekends ... Sat and Sundays with that much time.

Not the Uve rse techs for the most part don' have that time in, but some do that were forced to move to that title or lose thier job.

i don’t think it’s cutting cord. i think it’s cutting sat tv. i know 20 people that have jumped from dtv this past year and went with comrap or verizon. i would believe that having speedy internet for things like apple tv amazon tv or the free bandwidth for kids phone is the cause. satellite can’t offer that.

most of the people i know find it to troublesome to use just the internet for there tv. but they seem to enjoy a all in one price for net and tv.

i called d last week before resigning with v fios, d still could not offer the amount of channels + internet speed that v fios is offering. and so far knock on wood v fios customer service is just as good as i had with dirc.

My heart goes out to anyone who loses a job around the holidays!...This time of year is hard enough, then add job lose!

Reactions: briar14
And?....

Problems it caused? Recovery?

I’ve had to process the firings of too many people these last 2-3 weeks. It hurts. Even when it was unquestionably due to failure to perform.

It’s sad they do this before the holidays but all companies do this they should of kept the DirecTV installers for DirecTV and fired the AT&T installers before DirecTV installers

Reactions: madmadworld
It’s sad they do this before the holidays but all companies do this they should of kept the DirecTV installers for DirecTV and fired the AT&T installers before DirecTV installers
The att installers were let go as well as I mentioned in an earlier post ....
We have been losing people every year for about the last 5 at least.
As technology improves they think they need less and less people to keep them going.

:welcome to Satelliteguys Orbital Slut!

Maybe sometime, but the satellites will be in use for the foreseeable future.

Reactions: bobvick
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts