Directv for rv

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Beerdawg

Original poster
May 18, 2008
Last year I bought a satelitte for the Rv from ebay. It was a wingard dish and
Hughes SRS TruSurround Directv receiver
Model: SD-HBH . This last Dec. we got Directv for the house. The model for the house is a Standard - D12-100. My question is can I take the box from the house and connect to wingard satellite dish . I tried it but only got the Directv logo on the screen. I also tried hooking the Hughes up to dish that is connected to the house. It could not find a signal.....Are the units not compatable? Any help would be appreciated.

Was your RV dish correctly aimed for the 101 Directv satellite? It has to receive a signal before it will display a picture. The Hughes should be compatible with the D* system in your house. Does the Hughes still work with the RV systen?

hi.. if you search "tailgate" you'll see tons of posts about using your system on the road. I am not familiar with your specific system but it is REALLY easy (IMHO) to set up if you're mount is plumb. I have a basic D* dish (from ebay) and pull one rec'vr to tailgate with. I posted this earlier to show how to use your rec'vr to align your dish (after you're sure it's plumb and the elevation is correct)

From Setup, select Satellite, View Signal Strength, Signal Meters. When you get to that screen you should see (and hear) the signal strength. This is particularly helpful when pointing a dish. HTH

I connected the box that I got for the rv(never tried it in rv yet) to tv and dish used for the house . It just searches for satellite signal. I plan on going camping this weekend and taking it along. I may be able to get a better signal from the campground because at the house there is not a good signal.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)