DirecTV Formally Asks For Access To Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia

Status
Please reply by conversation.
robjlevin said:
DirecTV Formally Asks For Access To Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia - 2010-06-25 15:29:14 | Multichannel News

Should be interesting to see how far Comcast goes to fight this. They're still using Sunday Ticket as a diversion but right now it appears their only recourse is in the courts and I'm not so sure they'll go that route in light of their bid to buy NBC.

Sunday Ticket and CSN Philly are two different things. People can still watch NFL games on Sundays on any system. Meanwhile Philly fans need Comcast or Fios to view their games.

Last edited:
I was actually telling my wife last night that I wanted to wait for the MLB package in the event this becomes part of our RSNs soon enough... hopefully this is a step in the right direction and we'll have CSN Philly in time for the playoffs.

Normally, I would agree, but I can't imagine Comcast wanting this to get to the complaint stage and having to defend themselves while trying to buy NBC.

OTOH, Roberts is a jackass, so who knows.

The other part of the equasion is that Comcast not only owns the network they also own 2 of the 3 teams (Flyers and Sixers) that are shown nearly exclusively on that network. If the teams were independently owned there might be some incentive to deal with other network providers. Since Comcast owns both the team and the network there is no incentive for them to share, however they do allow other cable providers and Verizon to broadcast it on their systems.

I can't wait to see what happens in my area, once this is resolved.

ANY NEWS YET!? I thought Comcast only had 30 days to respond according to the FCC. It has been over 60 days. Flyers season is about to begin and it would REALLY be great to have this channel soon.

ANY NEWS YET!? I thought Comcast only had 30 days to respond according to the FCC. It has been over 60 days. Flyers season is about to begin and it would REALLY be great to have this channel soon.

Agreed. I'm dying for this. So sick and tired of watching the opposing team feed.

I have been able to watch most of Philly comcast feeds on MLB extra innings sometimes they leave it on after the game and I am able to watch after game show.
I still can't wait to get this channel on directv so I can watch all of the news and pre/after game stuff.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts