Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
THe following is from SkyReport.COM, once again showing they are far behind the curb as ABC HD was added before the start of the year.

DirecTV Gets ABC HD, Inks Carriage Deals

DirecTV added to its high def portfolio, announcing a deal with Disney and ABC that will give the company access to a HD feed of the ABC network. The HD deal, part of a bigger carriage agreement with Disney ABC, will allow DirecTV to offer national ABC HD feeds to eligible customers in Los Angeles, New York, Chicago, Philadelphia, San Francisco, Houston, Raleigh, N.C., Fresno, Calif., Flint, Mich., and Toledo, Ohio. Initially, customers in the Pacific and Mountain time zones will receive West Coast feeds and those in the Central and Eastern times zones will receive East Coast feeds, that's until local HD feeds are available in each of the markets, DirecTV said.

Read the rest at http://www.skyreport.com

Yes E* has a lot of catching up to do. DirecTV just needs UPN and they have all the commercial networks.

"Eligible customers...in Houston". Pardon this question, but just what does that mean? I'm in Houston, and if to put up an OTA antenna, I would get those channels instead using D*'s Local Channels package. Is this saying that I could go either way? OTA or D* for the local HD?

Oh wait...National feeds? So I would be able to get the NATIONAL FEEDS even though I am in Houston and get the locals?

National ABC-HD has been on DirecTV for a while. How is this announcement different? Does it just mean that the deal was finally signed?

Hong.

Scott Greczkowski said:
Yes E* has a lot of catching up to do. DirecTV just needs UPN and they have all the commercial networks.

My screen just goes black when I change my channel over to UPN, so I just figured I had it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts