Please reply by conversation.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
Found this and I didnt see it posted yet

DIRECTV will soon be launching local channels in additional markets. In the interim until locals are available, DIRECTV will be providing Distant Networks where:

1. there is no local station or
2. where there is a local station available, but based on waivers granted by the local broadcasters, Distant Networks can be provided temporarily.

DirecTV will be providing Distant Networks to the following markets starting on June 30

* Abilene-Sweetwater TX- Available out-of-market signals: CBS-NY, NBC-NY and PBS
* Amarillo TX- Available out-of-market signals: FOX-NY, NBC-NY and PBS
* Billings MT- Available out-of-market signals: ABC-NY, FOX-NY and PBS
* Erie PA- Available out-of-market signals: ABC-NY, FOX-NY and PBS
* Hattiesburg-Laurel MS- Available out-of-market signals: ABC-NY, FOX-NY, CWe and PBS
* Lubbock TX- Available out-of-market signals: ABC-NY, CBS-NY and PBS
* Monroe LA-El Dorado AR- Available out-of-market signals: FOX-NY, NBC-NY and PBS
* Wichita Falls TX-Lawton OK- Available out-of-market signals: FOX-NY, NBC-NY and PBS

Important Notes:

* DNS will be delivered on the Ka band, and customers will need to have MPEG-4 equipment to receive them.
* Distant Network Services will either be from Los Angeles (West) or New York (East). The provider for PBS is out of Alexandria, VA. The provider for the CW Network is out of San Diego (West) or Washington, D.C. (East).

And the first batch was...

DIRECTV will soon be launching local channels in the 8 markets below. In the interim, starting tomorrow, June 16, DIRECTV will be providing Distant Networks where: 1) there is no local station or 2) where there is a local station available, but based on waivers granted by the local broadcasters Distant Networks can be provided temporarily.

· Clarksburg-Weston, WV (CBS, Fox, CW, PBS)
· Jackson, TN (CBS, NBC, PBS)
· Jonesboro, AR (CBS, Fox, NBC, PBS)
· Lake Charles, LA (ABC, CBS, CW, PBS)
· Parkersburg, WV (ABC, CBS)
· St Joseph, MO (ABC, CBS, Fox, NBC)
· Terre Haute, IN (ABC, Fox, NBC, PBS)
· Utica, NY (ABC, CBS, Fox, CW)

Important Notes:

· DNS will be delivered on the Ka band and customers will need to have a KaKu equipment to receive them.

· As of 6/16, all new work orders will be built with the appropriate equipment, pending work orders will not be updated.

· Distant Network Services will either be from Los Angeles (West coast) or New York (East Coast). The provider for PBS is out of Alexandria, VA. The provider for the CW Network is out of San Diego (West coast) or Washington DC (East coast).

· All markets scheduled to launch on 06/16/10 will be receiving the East Coast DNS feeds.

This information is from RobertE at dbstalk

What do you have to do to get these? I live in the Clarksburg/Weston, WV market and I currently have a no locals package with waivers granted for PBS, NBC and ABC. When I saw that these were available now I called DirecTV to get them turned on, and the CSR told me I can't get them until October. I went round and round with her saying I should be able to get these now, but she insisted I couldn't. Eventually, I gave up. Do I just need to call back and get a different CSR?

call back or maybe you can add them online

I just picked a zip in your market and it shows the NY stations in HD...you need a HD receiver to get them though

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 221
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)