DirecTv going to hire 100,000 people

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

rickaren

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 7, 2004
IN
Jun 15, 2006 1:16 pm US/Mountain

DirecTV Will Be Moving To Denver, Hiring 100,000

Wayne Herman
Just got this message from my daily Google Search: WOW that 1,000 yesterday now is 100.000 people. Like all those HD channels they are adding! Sure this will be corrected but adding 100,000? Don't think so. Maybe I'm the only one that thinks this is funny?

Reporting

(CBS4) DENVER DirecTV will be taking over the former ICG Communications building off I-25 just south of Dry Creek in Denver.

DirecTV said it's going to hire 100,000 people.

It will be the telecom's new Denver-based hub for sales and customer support and one of the biggest hires in Denver since the telecom bust.

DirecTV's president said the company selected Denver because of the concentration of telecommunications businesses and a talented work force.

The new DirecTV center is expected to open early next year.

(© MMVI CBS Television Stations, Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)

Man thats some MIGHTY expansion, up from only 1,000 in the press release yesterday. :D

I love how some news sources fact check their information. :)

rickaren said:
Jun 15, 2006 1:16 pm US/Mountain

DirecTV Will Be Moving To Denver, Hiring 100,000

Wayne Herman
Just got this message from my daily Google Search: WOW that 1,000 yesterday now is 100.000 people. Like all those HD channels they are adding! Sure this will be corrected but adding 100,000? Don't think so. Maybe I'm the only one that thinks this is funny?

Reporting

(CBS4) DENVER DirecTV will be taking over the former ICG Communications building off I-25 just south of Dry Creek in Denver.

DirecTV said it's going to hire 100,000 people.

It will be the telecom's new Denver-based hub for sales and customer support and one of the biggest hires in Denver since the telecom bust.

DirecTV's president said the company selected Denver because of the concentration of telecommunications businesses and a talented work force.

The new DirecTV center is expected to open early next year.

(© MMVI CBS Television Stations, Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)

http://cbs4denver.com/local/local_story_166151954.html

Wayne Herman
Just got this message from my daily Google Search: WOW that 1,000 yesterday now is 100.000 people. Like all those HD channels they are adding!

WTF?

AND.... they never said they were adding 100's of HD channels either; they said they would have the capacity of 1500 for HD LIL and 150 for HD national channels; and that they would begin by bringing a list of cities online for their HD LIL and goal was 76% of households served by the end of 2006.

Why oh why do people continue to skew the original comment as some sort of lie that we were going to have 100's of national HD channels turned on soon?

Last edited:
Goes this adding 100,000 people instead of 1,000. Lighten up. Some people can't take a joke. Guess I would be mad too, if I only had DirecTV for the next year or so?

rickaren said:
Goes this adding 100,000 people instead of 1,000. Lighten up. Some people can't take a joke. Guess I would be mad too, if I only had DirecTV for the next year or so?

LOL! same old tired comments.. Not stuck at all, been a customer since spring 1996. Just love all the dis/mis-info and then claims of opps, forgot or just joking. LOL!

Smthkd said:
LOL! Now thats funny. I guess the people on Denver will have a lot of positions to fill!!:D

No doubt! Sounds like they will be ending any and all out-sourced and contracted company useage. Which all businesses should do. So they can control employees that violate policies and practises better. (sp checker not working again at this moment, sorry)

charper1 said:
LOL! same old tired comments.. Not stuck at all, been a customer since spring 1996. Just love all the dis/mis-info and then claims of opps, forgot or just joking. LOL!

Just knew I would offend someone with a Press Release that someone didn't check out the numbers on! Strange but I couldn't be happier with Satellite TV presently. I am just shocked that DISH has come through and DirecTV is so far behind, at present. I have the best of both worlds. DirecTV SD & HD Tivo equipment and back-up equipment. The best and most HD programing from DISH and great SD & HD picture quality and their great VIP 622 DVR.

Yes it is expensive to have both but unless I'm wrong I really thought D* was going to have their act together by now and would have blown them away. Thought I would have dropped DISH by now. Now I wonder as many do, why do we still subscribe to DirecTV. Don't remember any promises from E* that they would have 29 HD channels by now. What a surprise, and a good one at that. As we all know it's only TV. But enjoyment is the prize. D* or E* enjoy today, life is short......

Again I apologize if you were offended by someones typo. Still think it is funny that a 99,000 mistake found it's way onto print.

I am not offended, but you are still missing the entire point! No one has been promised any number of specific added channels or add dates or timelines, Dish or DirecTV for that matter, only the capacity of the entire system. I was just pointing that out. I have no interest in, nor mentioned the hiring numbers from the article.

I think people stay because many truly know that satellite additions take lots of time and switching here and there, back and forth to every new promo is triersome, troublesome and silly. Cable today, 6mos later Dish, 1yr later DirecTV, and back; everytime the winds change.

Good things will come to those that wait and customer loyalty does pay off. Its not like we are staying on some crap 30 channel system that have nothing, just over the past 6mos or so Dish has manged to purchase a satellite and arrange a deal with the Voom programming that has given them MAYBE a 2% quick boost, but it is far from a HUGE night vs day lead. What little lead they may enjoy will not last too long; I don't have to jump for a tid-bit now, just to be back right back in the rear or equals later. I, like most of the 15+ million can accept the 97% we have now to your 99% (still no NFL).

On top of all that its not like Dish's CSRs, hardware, and prices are that much better either; many times reports are that they are worse; and I see just as many reports of PQ issues too. So its all a wash as I see it.

Last edited:
charper1 said:
Why oh why do people continue to skew the original comment as some sort of lie that we were going to have 100's of national HD channels turned on soon?
I agree, but can you blame people for repeating what CSR's tell them?:eek: ;)

I wonder what Directv and Dish is going to do once most channels are going to be HD and the SD feed is going to be shut off? Are they still going to try to get a premium price for those HD channels? What about cable and IPTV? I would think eventually that they would have to give us the HD channels for what the SD channels cost us right now. We should get the HD channels in the SD channel packages. Doesn't some cable companies only charge a small fee to allow you access to those HD channels that are included in the SD channel packages that they have now?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts