Directv H20 - off air tuner

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

stevemol

Original poster
Jan 24, 2007
I have been trying to get info on using the H20 as an off air tuner without activating the DTV service. Does anyone know if the off air tuner will functino on this box without activating the service through DTV? I allready have DTV but they need to upgrade my dish in order to use the new box and I was trying to get a setup to watch the Super Bowl in HD before they are able to come out and configure everything. I have a DVI input on a projector that if I can get an HD tuner to pick up over the air free signals, I'm in! Just don't want to spend the $180 on an HD tuner if I can use the H20 and then activate the box when they are able to complete the install.

Thanks,
Steve

I have been trying to get info on using the H20 as an off air tuner without activating the DTV service. Does anyone know if the off air tuner will functino on this box without activating the service through DTV? I allready have DTV but they need to upgrade my dish in order to use the new box and I was trying to get a setup to watch the Super Bowl in HD before they are able to come out and configure everything. I have a DVI input on a projector that if I can get an HD tuner to pick up over the air free signals, I'm in! Just don't want to spend the $180 on an HD tuner if I can use the H20 and then activate the box when they are able to complete the install.

Thanks,
Steve
Steve,
You do not need the upgraded dish (AT-AU-9) in order to use the H20, you can set it up with your 3 LNB and you will get everything that is available except the mpeg 4 stuff.
Set it up and call them and get using it.
Once you activate the unit the HD Tuner should work fine, just attach your OTA input.

Jimbo

Last edited:
Thanks Jimbo, but I don't hae the 3 lnb dish. I still have the old single LNB with the dual feed on it.

You can set up the H20 with the round dish and then once it is activated the OTA will work OK.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts