Directv hd and circuit city

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Gib4500

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 29, 2005
Ohio
Has anyone here signed up for dirctv hd through circuit city? I was reading about it and wondered if it was better to sign up through circuit city with the purchase of a hdtv or just sign up on the web? I heard their was some kind of deal where they knocked off money off your tv if you sign up at circuit city. Is this true. thanks a lot.

Has anyone here signed up for dirctv hd through circuit city? I was reading about it and wondered if it was better to sign up through circuit city with the purchase of a hdtv or just sign up on the web? I heard their was some kind of deal where they knocked off money off your tv if you sign up at circuit city. Is this true. thanks a lot.

Call a CC and ask them.
My buddy works for them, but he's not available at the moment.

Jimbo

My inlaws bought through CC, tv/d* deal in Columbus, OH. Got like $200 off the TV. 1 HD-DVR, 1 HD reciever and 2 SD recievers. CC's contractor did the install. He showed up with an old 3LNB dish, and the HR20 only. Didn't have any of the other recievers. Father called me, I came out and had to argue with the installer that it was the wrong dish. He tried to tell me that I didn't need the new dish. That it was only for hd locals. After calling the CC store, they sent a sales guy out with the reset of the receivers and the new slim line dish. He messed it up ever step of the way. Father in law wanted the dish on a pole and not atatched to his brand new house. The dish as not grounded. He did not seal the whole he drilled in the house. The contractor put the 1 1/2" pipe about a foot in the ground. It stayed aligned for about a week until the ground thawed and the winds picked up. CC has sent the the same guy to fix it out twice and two more times a new guy. The third trip out, they ran the pole another foot in the ground. The second tech that came out told them that the problem is the HD local software that D* is using is flawed and that is why they can't get the HD locals. Funny that I have the same set up and I don't have a sinlge problem. They finally called D* directly and have a tech from D*, probably Bluegrass Sat, coming out on the 29th. For the last week they have had no HD locals. I suggested they call and get some sort of credit from D*.

So here in Columbus, OH whoeer CC is using for an installer is horrible. I would stand over them the whole time and scrutinize everything they are doing.

Come spring time, I am going to build a two post structure with a coule 2x12 and atatch the dish to that. Problem is, they didn't leave the tri-pod braces or the foot and pole for the dish. So not I have to find those parts.

My inlaws bought through CC, tv/d* deal in Columbus, OH. Got like $200 off the TV. 1 HD-DVR, 1 HD reciever and 2 SD recievers. CC's contractor did the install. He showed up with an old 3LNB dish, and the HR20 only. Didn't have any of the other recievers. Father called me, I came out and had to argue with the installer that it was the wrong dish. He tried to tell me that I didn't need the new dish. That it was only for hd locals. After calling the CC store, they sent a sales guy out with the reset of the receivers and the new slim line dish. He messed it up ever step of the way. Father in law wanted the dish on a pole and not atatched to his brand new house. The dish as not grounded. He did not seal the whole he drilled in the house. The contractor put the 1 1/2" pipe about a foot in the ground. It stayed aligned for about a week until the ground thawed and the winds picked up. CC has sent the the same guy to fix it out twice and two more times a new guy. The third trip out, they ran the pole another foot in the ground. The second tech that came out told them that the problem is the HD local software that D* is using is flawed and that is why they can't get the HD locals. Funny that I have the same set up and I don't have a sinlge problem. They finally called D* directly and have a tech from D*, probably Bluegrass Sat, coming out on the 29th. For the last week they have had no HD locals. I suggested they call and get some sort of credit from D*.

So here in Columbus, OH whoeer CC is using for an installer is horrible. I would stand over them the whole time and scrutinize everything they are doing.

Come spring time, I am going to build a two post structure with a coule 2x12 and atatch the dish to that. Problem is, they didn't leave the tri-pod braces or the foot and pole for the dish. So not I have to find those parts.

If you use wood, you will find that it will warp and move some.

I work for dtv...and yes they have deals where you get a 100 off hd dvr and 200 off tv...so it's not a bad deal, and you get up to 4 rooms, i don't know who does all the installing

You might want to rethink that. It is a violation of the SPIG for an installer to mount even an 18" dish on a wooden pole.

what is the "SPIG"?

I am not an installer, but I am rethinking the wood idea. It would not have been just a ppole in the ground, it was going to be two 4x4's anchored in cement 4 feet apart with 2 2x12's horizontial between the 4x4's. Similar to what you see in a farmers field to hold the power meter and disconnect.

The only difference is mine will be only 2-3 feet off the ground.

I just didthis the other day. Got $300 off my TV instantly, plus a free HD box after rebate. They had a Olevia 32" LCD HDTV for $599, so I paid $299 for the TV with this deal

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)