Directv HD Complain Save Money

Status
Please reply by conversation.

SonicRob

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 31, 2004
OK i been a member of directv of and on i was a customer of primestar then directv then i switch over to Dish then back to directv and finnally i found a company that meant my needs it was Voom little did i know the best hd satellite company would go out of busniess.

i have been a Directv customer for easily 5 or 6 years and yes i complain considering there is only 6 HD channels and NO HD CHannels Local in my AREA yes i could use a HD Attena but that is besides the point.

Talk to customer retention or supervisor and say that i am willing to spend allot of money with you but with the lack of hd channels does not cut it i have been very loyal with you you have to work with me then they will say ok we could give you 5 dollars of your base pacakge and 10 dollars of HBO that wast the first 6 months i complain.

These 6 Months i complain again and i am getting 6 Months OF SHOWTIME and 5 dollars of my Base Package you have to speak to them to try to keep you loyal and hopeffully by the SUmmer we have allot of HD CHANNELS.

but i was reading SKY REPORT TODAY ABOUT DISHNETWORK BUYING OUT DIRECTV so who knows what is going to happen in 6 months but at least i am getting something in return. and yes these was just a rumor lol.

OK i been a member of directv of and on i was a customer of primestar then directv then i switch over to Dish then back to directv and finnally i found a company that meant my needs it was Voom little did i know the best hd satellite company would go out of busniess.

i have been a Directv customer for easily 5 or 6 years and yes i complain considering there is only 6 HD channels and NO HD CHannels Local in my AREA yes i could use a HD Attena but that is besides the point.

Talk to customer retention or supervisor and say that i am willing to spend allot of money with you but with the lack of hd channels does not cut it i have been very loyal with you you have to work with me then they will say ok we could give you 5 dollars of your base pacakge and 10 dollars of HBO that wast the first 6 months i complain.

These 6 Months i complain again and i am getting 6 Months OF SHOWTIME and 5 dollars of my Base Package you have to speak to them to try to keep you loyal and hopeffully by the SUmmer we have allot of HD CHANNELS.

but i was reading SKY REPORT TODAY ABOUT DISHNETWORK BUYING OUT DIRECTV so who knows what is going to happen in 6 months but at least i am getting something in return. and yes these was just a rumor lol.

SonicRob:

I too loved VOOM and built a Home Theater because of their programing. The next best think I did was to add DISH HD and their VIP 622 DVR to my present D* service. It was just to show them that I appreciated their addition of VOOM. Thought D* would have been much better with HD by now but have kept them both and with reductions made to D* (no movies channels) I now spend about $75 more a month to have both D* & E* everything HD package. Was a wise choice that I don't regret.

Dish

what is the CHeapest Package you could get from Dish and also get Voom and how much you pay for Both Directv and Dish.

I don't know the cheapest Pack from DISH since I took the DISH HD Platinum everything with Locals after seeing better PQ even on SD with my set up. Their monthly bill runs about $105 per month w/o sales tax.

I have more than I presently need or view with Directv with their Total Choice Plus with Locals and HD. Should cut theirs back, but it runs about $70 with two DVR receivers.

The investment I have in HT and HD worth $175 a month? Not to some or they could not afford. Still enjoy VOOM. To me I recommend E* and their $100 a month service. As far as D* I already own the equipment and some back-up units so why not use it and wait till next year to see what happens.

I do have 30 HD channels from DISH and 7 local OTA HDs too. Mainly use D* to record SD and overflow HD OTA Locals since they don't offer much more.

Enjoy today, since it may be another year if you just stick with D*. Don't miss any sports that we watch with E* like NBA, NASCAR, or NFL but that might not be the case in some Cities.

Good Luck!

Thanks

i will wait till june until i find out what HD CHannels Directv will get they are saying they will be getting 50 HD channels maybe even voom channels also so if i get both DIsh and Directv i will be watching the same HD channels on 2 Satellites i do miss Voom allot though i still have my Old Voom receiver i had 2 of them i gave one to my brother and said it might be a collector item and the other one i have here.

I probably could still get Local HD Channels with my Voom Receiver because when Voom shut down i still was watching LOCAL HD probably here is i could only get 2 with the Voom Receiver ABC and CBS SUcks unless i buy a HD indoor Attena from Radio Shack.

I DO have a Antenna FROM DIRECTV 3 And half YEARS AGO when i could not Locals and they said that Attena was good for HD but need to do some testing.

Thanks for your advise.

i will wait till june until i find out what HD CHannels Directv will get they are saying they will be getting 50 HD channels maybe even voom channels also so if i get both DIsh and Directv i will be watching the same HD channels on 2 Satellites i do miss Voom allot though i still have my Old Voom receiver i had 2 of them i gave one to my brother and said it might be a collector item and the other one i have here.

I probably could still get Local HD Channels with my Voom Receiver because when Voom shut down i still was watching LOCAL HD probably here is i could only get 2 with the Voom Receiver ABC and CBS SUcks unless i buy a HD indoor Attena from Radio Shack.

I DO have a Antenna FROM DIRECTV 3 And half YEARS AGO when i could not Locals and they said that Attena was good for HD but need to do some testing.

Thanks for your advise.

It's going to be a long Winter! You could cancel your HD on D* and use the DVR to record OTA HD but then no guide. That's what I do with D*, record mainly OTA. As far as the VOOM receiver I sold mine on E-bay. Since the VIP 622 only records one OTA, I use the D* HD DVR to record another two! I hope you are right about D* and that 50 channel stuff, but I'm not so sure. Anyway I have 30 now and not waiting till whenever for D* to catch up.

PS VOOM has a lot of new programs I record each month and we really enjoy them.

YOUR right i made a mistake when i got a extra dvr plus for bedroom now i am locked in a 2 year agreement and i got a long way to go if only if i could cancel the agreement. VOOM is getting tempting every minuet and every second it is worth every penny and i know you know that.

Wow, I get a headache trying to read Sonic Rob's posts. The sentence structure and spelling killed it for me, I had to stop reading. Sorry you loved Voom, but it is what it is. You had choices, now you have to live with your decisions or buy your way out.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)