Directv HD deals

Status
Please reply by conversation.

CessnaDriver

Original poster
Feb 28, 2005
We have been a Directv subscriber for about 8 years now, and recently bought a new Sony Grand Wega HDTV, but need an HD tuner.

My wife found a local ad for Dish and it includes a free HDTV receiver and 6 months of their HD programming for free.

Has anyone had experience with DIRECTV's customer retention department and has anyone been able to get a good deal (free?) HDTV receiver out of them.

I hate to spend a few hundred when I can get a HDTV tuner for free from Dish.

Thanks in advance.

There is a mega-thread on AVSForum about this.

I'll save you the reading - you should probably be able to get a close-to-free receiver and a few (3-6) months of programming credits, plus the install of the 3 lnb dish.

Call retention until you get something similar. I would think an 8 year sub wouldn't be too hard.

Thanks!

I'll check the thread over there too!!

We had Directv HD last year but our RCA 38" HDTV with built in Directv HD tuner kicked the bucket. Thankfully the Best Buy extended warranty gave us all of our money back and we added money to get the Sony Grand Wega, but it was last year's model without the HD tuner.

I have the triple LNB and the OTA feeds in the room behind the TV ready to rock and roll.. just need the tuner.

Thanks again!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)