DirecTV HD DVR

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Scorpion7

Original poster
Sep 8, 2006
Is it the right move fo rme to order DirecTV HD DVR? Its $299
http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/global/moreInfo.jsp?productId=6020

I just want to make sure its not something that is going to be replaced in 1-2 months! What do you think?

DIRECTV® HD DVR

Upgrade your lease to a DIRECTV® HD DVR for just $299 after $100 instant rebate when you order online at DIRECTV.com.
Two-year programming commitment and activation of DVR service ($5.99/mo.) required. Rebate offer ends 10/01/06 and is for new lease customers only. Activation of the DIRECTV® HD Package ($9.99/mo.) also required to qualify for rebate. Limit one rebate per account. Customers receiving mail-in rebate(s) from DIRECTV are not eligible.
Get the latest and greatest television high-definition viewing experience possible with the DIRECTV® HD DVR (digital video recorder). Combining the look and feel of the home theater experience, the DIRECTV® HD DVR lets you control how and when you watch TV.
You can go from ordinary to extraordinary in up to 2 million pixels of phenomenal high-definition. That's up to 10 times the picture quality of standard-definition.
DIRECTV® HD DVR is easier than using your VCR — and ten times as cool!
• Record, store and play back up to 200 hours of standard-definition programming or up to 30 hours of high-definition programming*
• Digital-quality picture and sound
• Record two shows at once**
• Pause, replay and watch in slow motion
• Automatically record your favorite shows
• Record shows that match your interests

I thought about it, but shell out 300 bucks and when you return it you get nothing back?? Its not like there are a ton of HD channels to record. Me personaly, I would save your money...

theslag said:
I thought about it, but shell out 300 bucks and when you return it you get nothing back?? .
If you return it,true you will not get your money back, but essentially, you have to use something for your TV signal, if you decide to return the DVR and stay with D* , I would imagine they will make you and offer towards another receiver

If you are staying that is.

not for nothing, but if i shell out 300 bucks for this lease, im going to be in it for the long haul...but, im going to wait for more programing our try to get a cheeper deal from D-TV...but im happy with my plan ol' Tivo....

I'd wait until next year when the new satellites go up and we get additional HD programming before I upgrade to the HR20, but that's me. I am sure the price will drop even lower by then as well.

cforrest said:
I'd wait until next year when the new satellites go up and we get additional HD programming before I upgrade to the HR20, but that's me. I am sure the price will drop even lower by then as well.

I feel the same why that you do...dont get me wrong, i would love to record some HD but the price i think it crazy for something that you dont own..and there realy is not enuff HD up there now. Im standing pat with my TIVO and my H-20....

theslag said:
I feel the same why that you do...dont get me wrong, i would love to record some HD but the price i think it crazy for something that you dont own..and there realy is not enuff HD up there now. Im standing pat with my TIVO and my H-20....

If you order it from http://www.valueelectronics.com/ you have the choice of owning it or a lease.
I will lease mine as I will be in a 2 year commitment anyway and if you own it there is only a 90 day warranty i believe.
Also I get my locals via MPEG-4 as there is no possible way for OTA for me.;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)