Directv HD Emmy Party

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Questioner

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 27, 2006
I may be a little confused. What exactly are they going to be celebrating.....no new hd channels and a satellite failure?

I think its a valid question. What is D* celebrating? An emmy party???? Im confused. WHat do they care? WHere is the party and on what channel?

Many companies throw parties at this even to celebrate certain things. I was under the impression Directv is throwing a emmy afterparty for their upcoming hd offering. Maybe I'm wrong.

Just as I thought:

West Hollywood Soiree Sponsored By Enhanced Programming Providers

By Linda Moss -- Multichannel News, 9/14/2007 8:09:00 AM

DirecTV is kicking off its high-definition expansion this month by hosting its first annual Emmy party, which promises to be a star-studded event at the West Hollywood Municipal Park.
The nation’s largest satellite provider will hold the soiree, the DirecTV 100 HD Emmy Party, immediately following the 59th Emmy Awards Sunday.
DirecTV, “in honor” of its plan to debut 100 HD channels by the end of the year, says it will turn the park into “an HD oasis.” The interior of a huge hot-air balloon sphere will serve as a lounge and dance floor, with music timed to video effects projected on the sphere. The sphere will also be surrounded by an outside lounge for guests.
DirecTV Celebrates HDTV Launch with Emmy Party - 9/14/2007 8:09:00 AM - Multichannel News

To ask the question "what are they celebrating" yields you the answer:

Their upcoming launch of HD

To expect an answer to "what are they celebrating" the way you and Questioner are asking(or insenuating) is just asinine because you dont want an answer, you just want to bitch.

If bitching is all you want to do, DBS is a much better site.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

networking

Supercast Week 2 ??? 404 erro4

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)