Directv HD in Belize: Getting Satellites: 101, 99 and 103

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

eldondee

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 11, 2008
Hi all.
I live in Belize,
In order to receiver HD and SD I must be able to receive satellites 101, 99 and 103.

Of the 3 satellites I am only able to receive satellite 101. I have been using DTV here for over 15 years using Channel Master 1.2 dish. I know that Belize is out of the "regular" satellite footprints thus I may have some challenges.

I ordered a H24-700 Receiver, SWM3 lnb which came with a power inserter, i also went ahead and got a B Band converter but new that a SWM3 lnb did not need that converter.

of the 32 transponders on 101 and am getting 18 of them with reading from 80 to 99 degrees.

Nothing from 99 (c), Nothing from 103 (c)

The SWM satellite has 9 Transponders and all are showing reading.

Further investigation reveals that there is a tilt setting that I have not used being that channel master 1.2m dishes does not have a tilt configuration. Can this be the cause of not getting 99 and 103. I dont see why it is impossible not to receive 103 and 99 when i am getting 101.

Again online research leads me to Hawaii and Alaska where according to DTV one must use 2 1.2m dishes along with an Az/EL custom mount and custom 101/99/103 lnb kit.
I think the custom AZ/EL mount is to get the tilt on these 1.2m dshes, am i correct? If so I would want to do my own customization.

My AZIMUTH and ELEVATION for 101 is

210 degree (AZ)

65 degree (EL)

Let me hear from some experts now.

When did DIRECTV start offering service Belize ?
Call 1800DIRECTV they should be able to answer all your questions.

This is good news !!

I dont see why it is impossible not to receive 103 and 99 when i am getting 101.

Because they're different satellites with different footprints broadcasting on different frequencies. If you search the forum for folks in Mexico City with D* HD setups and behold the franken-dish LNB arrangements necessary to pull it off (and even then not with 100% success), it becomes pretty obvious that simply slapping an SL3 LNB onto a big CM dish isn't going to work.

I just wish you would have asked some more questions before ordering all that equipment.

Last edited:
you will need to run three sperate dish to pull this of whit a multi-switch that lnb only works well in the USA and parts of Canada out side that we normal have to make a our own offset and use single lnb's.. as in the USA the sats ar like 2Deg off from each other but the further away you get from the USA the more they are off like where i am they are about 5 degres off and i have to use a sat-dish for each Sat.. and even then it hard to get 99 i get some of the 103 and all of the 101.. good luck

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)