Directv HD Quality Sucks!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
i have a vizio and my HD on directv looks good.

It depends on the channel too. If the channel is 720p, 1080i or pure SD could be a problem.

But there is something wrong, cause Of any provider Ive seen DirecTV has best HD quality.

I would say that DirecTV's HD is slightly better than on Dish, but at the same time, Dish's SD is better than DirecTV's. And they both are WAY better than the so called HD that Charter offers in my area.

You're comparing the Avatar Blu-Ray which has an average MPEG-4 AVC bitrate of 28.8Mbps... to HD channels of a provider where we know the bitrate doesn't even make it into the teens. I think your expectations are a bit off; No provider of HD channels whether cable or satellite can compare to Blu-Ray especially when the ATSC broadcasting standard is a 'maximum' of 19.2Mbps for the older MPEG-2 compression standard at either 720/60p or 1080/30i.

"Other providers" and an Avatar Blu Ray compared with An Idiot Abroad? On a 22 inch TV? Obviously the production quality is the same. That couldn't have a thing to do with it. These other providers must be awesome too.

blu rays and satellite are 2 very different things, did you honestly think satellite or anything for that matter was going to give you broadcasted HD channels in blu ray quality?

Agreed, agreed, and agreed. This this is like saying the quality of an apple from Jewel/Albertson is better than the quality of a banana from Dominick's/Safeway... i think that makes sense. Blu ray is over 2x-4x the bps of broadcast HD... from any provider.

Nothing can be wrong. There is an hdmi cable between the HR24 and the HDTV. Res is 720p on the HR24, native is on. Here is a still from Idiot Abroad. This was from Science Channel HD. The picture looks like crap. Grainy, washed out, and over compressed, how every D* HD channel looks.

dscn1904w.jpg

Now here is a blu ray still from Avatar. No compression, no graininess, nothing, just a clear and sharp HD Picture.
dscn1906n.jpg

How can you be watching the Science Channel in HD, when you had the family package at the time of posting as stated here:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/directv-forum/249721-directv-family-package-sucks.html#post2502583

And the Science Channel is not even available in the Family Package according to the attachment in this thread:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/directv-forum/241440-2011-directv-package-channel-lists-including.html

If you notice between the OP's two threads he does the "post and run". Hasnt responded to anything since then

CGI (Avatar) always looks better on an LCD than other HD content.

As soon as I read the comparison is on a 22" Sharp LCD with the receiver set at 720p I realized the OPs knowledge of HD.

As much as I hate the DIRECTV HDPVRs, they do produce an excellent HD picture on my Pio 60" Kuro.

DirecTV has the best PQ quality in my area.
Wish we had FiOS so I can switch :p

Our local cable provider shows the local networks a tad bit crisper and better than DirecTV. But the DirecTV national HD's are awesome. Their SD on the other hand is overcompressed garbage. Time for new encoders. The SD on the cable QAM tuner is so much better.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

The local cable provider in the same DMA gets a MUCH better signal and isn't 3rd or 4th generation either. I can pull my locals via DirecTV and straight off OTA and the DirecTV versions look damn good.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)