I was sent the following this morning. Its information about the HD rebate, in addition I have been sent a rebate form, however it seems to be a $100 rebate on an DirecTV DVR. (But I have attached it for your benefit anyways)
Offer: Get a $200 rebate check when you purchase an HD receiver or an HD-DVR.
Dates: Oct 16, 2005 - Mar 30, 2006
* All HD receivers and HD-DVR models are eligible.
* Only available in Detroit, MI.
* Available to new customers.
* HD customers must subscribe to HD Package.
--- o HD-DVR customers must have active DVR service.
* Must activate between Oct 16, 2005 - Mar 30, 2006.
* Only 1 rebate per Household/Family/Person/DIRECTV Account.
* Rebate forms must be postmarked by Apr 30, 2006.
* Receivers purchased through an instant rebate not eligible.
--- o Customers are not eligible for mail-in rebate during promotion period.
* Replacement HD receivers/HD-DVRs are not eligible (e.g. warranty/swap/replacement receivers).
--- o Customers remain eligible for mail-in rebate during promotion period.
* Must fulfill DIRECTV service commitment of 2 years or be subject to an early cancellation fee.
* Eligible customers automatically get rebate form in separate mailer 2-3 weeks after activation.
* ABG will honor Rebate Forms sent to Detroit customers purchasing on or after Oct 16, 2005.
* Customers must complete and return rebate form along with a copy of their bill showing HD Package or both HD Package and DVR service for HD-DVR customers and an eligible proof of purchase to:
DIRECTV Advanced Product Rebate
Attn: H.D.V. Richards
PO Box 425
Mira Loma, CA 91752-0425
* Returned rebate forms must be postmarked by Apr 30, 2006.
* Lost rebate checks will not be reissued.
* Reminder: DIRECTV is responsible for fulfilling the DVR rebate, not the independent dealer or retailer where purchase is made.
--- o If customer is inquiring as to any delays in receiving their rebate, assure them it will be on its way shortly.
Customers in Detroit who activated an HD receiver or HD-DVR after Sep 16, 2005 and are disappointed they didn't receive $200 HD Rebate:
* For HD:
--- o Escalate request to Credit Team.
--- o Credit Team will apply $200 to customer's account.
* For HD-DVR:
--- o Verify in Rio if customer is eligible for $100 DVR Rebate.
--- o If customer submitted DVR Rebate form for the same receiver, and was eligible for DVR Rebate, then the CSR will issue $100 credit to make up the difference between the $100 DVR Rebate and the $200 HD Rebate.
--- o If customer has not submitted DVR Rebate form for the same receiver, the CSR will escalate the request to the Credit Team to have a $200 credit applied to the customers account.
--- o Rebate total will be $200.
--- o Issue $100 credit using Promotional Market Credit (Code 162).
+ All credits should be issued against HD Package.
Resend Rebate Form:
* If customer did not receive rebate form:
1. Check eligibility.
2. If eligible, Escalate: Account Management / Mail-In Rebate.
3. Tell customer rebate form arrives within 1 week.
* Rebate checks arrive within 8 weeks of receipt of eligible forms.
* Reminder: DIRECTV is responsible for fulfilling the rebate, not the independent dealer or retailer where purchase is made.
--- o If customer is inquiring as to any delays in receiving their rebate, assure them it's on its way.
* If longer than 8 weeks, check comments in Rio for status.
--- o If there is no status on the account, follow instructions for resending rebate form.
Eligible proofs of purchase:
* DIRECTV Order Confirmation Letter
* DIRECTV Order Confirmation E-mail
* Retail receipt showing HD receiver or HD-DVR charge