DirecTV HD tailgate dish setup...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Eric_Phillips

Original poster
Aug 26, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Noob here, thanks in advance for your help. I’ve been tailgating for years with a basic SD DirecTV setup. This year we want to step it up to HD. However, I’m not sure I have everything I need.

I have a current HD DVR…no problem there. A little background info: for my home setup I’m using the Slimline dish with the SL3PIG LNB. This is a recent upgrade. I used to have the Slimline dish with AU9 LNB which had to run through a Zinwell WB68 multiswitch and b-band converters. The new SL3PIG LNB allowed the installer to eliminate the Zinwell WB68 multiswitch. I still have the b-band converters hooked up…but I’m not sure I need them.

My tailgate setup is a Slimline dish with the AU9 LNB. My question is do I need the Zinwell WB68 multiswitch? Will I need the b-band converters?

Eric

You don't need the WB68 multiswitch. Just connect the receiver directly to the AU9 dish. 2 lines, if you need dual tuners for the tailgating. If only using one tuner you need to run setup to tell it to use just one. The BBCs will be needed, unless the receiver is the HR23.

1) You won't need the multiswitch for one receiver.

2) I'd highly suggest getting a non-DVR for tailgating - much less power draw.

Which DVR? Need to know to answer BB converter question, but it most likely does need them (SL3-S would be the 3 LNB that has SWM built in)

1) You won't need the multiswitch for one receiver.

2) I'd highly suggest getting a non-DVR for tailgating - much less power draw.

Which DVR? Need to know to answer BB converter question, but it most likely does need them (SL3-S would be the 3 LNB that has SWM built in)

The DVR that I will be using is the HD-DVR - HR20-700. I also have a standard H20 receiver lying around...but I don't know if I want to activate it or not.

You don't need the WB68 multiswitch. Just connect the receiver directly to the AU9 dish. 2 lines, if you need dual tuners for the tailgating. If only using one tuner you need to run setup to tell it to use just one. The BBCs will be needed, unless the receiver is the HR23.

Thanks! I have the HD-DVR - HR20-700, so I will need the BBCs then? I also have a HD-DVR - HR22-100...will that work without the BBCs?

Thanks! I have the HD-DVR - HR20-700, so I will need the BBCs then? I also have a HD-DVR - HR22-100...will that work without the BBCs?

You will need the BBC's for the HR20, if your planning on getting anything on a mpeg 4 channel.

I think the HR22 does not need the BBC's, but don't hold me to that, I can never remember for sure.

Someone else will confirm or let you know for sure.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)