DirecTV Honors their Mistake: At least with me

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

DodgerKing

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Nov 14, 2007
SoCal
As many are aware, DirecTV screwed up big time with the poorly worded email that when read made it appear that we will continue to get free HD for 24 months. They then screwed up again by mailing us a postcard that stated we lost our Free HD because we do not have Auto Bill Pay, which we do.

To make a long story short, when I called yesterday the CSR sent my complaint to their "back office" (whatever that is). Today I got two emails back from them.

First email ($10 credit for this month only):

View attachment 78109

Second email (informing me that I will be getting another 24 months of free HD starting this month):

View attachment 78110

For this month I will be getting the credit twice. These two credits, plus my $10 my base package for 12 months will give me $30 savings this month, $20 savings for the next 12 months, and $10 savings for months 12-24. Even though they screwed up and even though I was not expecting anything for free, it is nice to see them honor their word and fix the issue.

View attachment 78112 View attachment 78113

got the same post card .. they said i got it because my 24 mo. promo was up ... so in order to continue to recieve the credit i had to agree to keep the service
another two years ... i had no plans to cancel .. so i took it ... i am not going to comcast, thats for sure ...

got the same post card .. they said i got it because my 24 mo. promo was up ... so in order to continue to recieve the credit i had to agree to keep the service
another two years ... i had no plans to cancel .. so i took it ... i am not going to comcast, thats for sure ...

Hope they offer me the same options :)

You guys need to have auto pay in order to receive free HD? If that's the case, I'll be waiting for Charlie to take que and throw it at me in 2013. Glad to see DirecTV worked with you DodgerKing. I like to see things going well. I never know if or when the day comes I choose to jump ship.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)