DirecTV HR-34 and Slingbox

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cubs57

Original poster
Jun 21, 2012
Ohio
I am a convert from DISH Network and had a Sling adapter hooked up to my DISH box through the USB port. Now with DirecTV and have a HR-34 which is being used in RF mode as my box is in a cabinet and wanting to use a device like a Slingbox. Problem is that all these devices use an IR Blaster to access remotely and my HR-34 is set in RF mode. Does anyone know if this can be done?

I am a convert from DISH Network and had a Sling adapter hooked up to my DISH box through the USB port. Now with DirecTV and have a HR-34 which is being used in RF mode as my box is in a cabinet and wanting to use a device like a Slingbox. Problem is that all these devices use an IR Blaster to access remotely and my HR-34 is set in RF mode. Does anyone know if this can be done?

You have to change your remote to IR mode. That's the only way you can use a Slingbox like the Slingbox HD Pro or Slingbox Solo.

Literally no other solution. On my HR34 I use a Harmony 900 with the RF capability, it has an IR Blaser just like the Slingbox's blaster in front of my HR34, which is in an AV closet.

Many have begged for years to have Directv enable IR/RF at the same time, only to fall on deaf ears (maybe not deaf, but unactionable anyway).

Literally no other solution. On my HR34 I use a Harmony 900 with the RF capability, it has an IR Blaser just like the Slingbox's blaster in front of my HR34, which is in an AV closet.

Many have begged for years to have Directv enable IR/RF at the same time, only to fall on deaf ears (maybe not deaf, but unactionable anyway).

Would that be a software (fixable) or hardware (not so easily fixable) issue?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts