Directv Hr10-250 Gotchas ?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Pheyd

Original poster
Oct 6, 2004
Hi eveyone.

I'm considering getting the HR10 unit and wondered if there are any gotchas?

Also can you use the USB port for wireless connections to TIVO via internet?

THNX.

Until we can get the version 4 software none of the USB ports on any of the DTivos will be active. Some people over at the Tivo Community have a solution for this but I will not talk about it here as it violates our user agreement.

Neutron said:
... but I will not talk about it here as it violates our user agreement.

It does?!? In what way, this is by no means service theft or even close. It's a legitiamte, legal hack.

PHEYD: there is no USB or HMO ... yet.

As mentioned, it's better to check out www.tivocommunity.com for the lastest poop.

Last I knew the biggest issues were:

- Some boxes have the HDMI connector die and the box needs to be replaced. The rumor is that D* knows what the problem is (how the connector is attached to the motherboard) and is working on a correction.
- Reports of harddrives failing causing the box to be replaced.
- Latest software download causing some 2nd tuners to die.
- Some ATSC stations that don't follow PSIP standards have trouble tuning the station in on it's actual channel (20.1 needs to be tuned in as 20.2 making the EPG useless for recording).

I've had mine since May and using the HDMI connection, no problems. I do have the ATSC/PSIP problem on one station that viloates the rules. Other then that my box is running fine.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)