DirecTV HR24-500 Issue. HELP!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

floorlizard

Original poster
May 13, 2011
Georgia
Came home from a meeting this evenging to find that my HD-DVR will not turn on. When I unplug it and plug it back it, the fan cuts on for a split second , some of the lights turn on, and then everything shuts back off. I do not have the coverage they offer. Apparently, there were some storms in my area while I was gone. I am not having issues with any of the other electrical items in my house. NO... I did not have things connected to a surge protector!
What am I looking at? I am approximately 1 year into a 2 year contract. Can I just buy a new receiver from Best Buy?... I am lost! All CONSTRUCTIVE help is appreciated (I know I should've had a surge protector... Just leave it alone!)

Call Directv. Tell them your receiver does not power up and if they can send out a replacement. You will be charged $20 for shipping because you don't have the protection plan.

The replacement receiver will not start a new commitment.

fk4ifp.jpg

Good info, as always. I learned to check this forum before placing calls to D* for most of my potential issues. It's always good to have the correct info in hand before talking to the CSR's.

Make sure they confirm that it's a defective unit. They may waive the shipping fees.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts