DIRECTV HR34 Home Media Center

Status
Please reply by conversation.
If you look at the Spec sheet under Directv RVU Technology it says Saves money by eliminating the need for additional Directv recievers. I think they may charge an activation fee for each RVU client but no monthly fee. I guess there will be more info tomorrow when released. I cant wait to place my order I have already tried and it was a huge cluster. I have found its best to wait till its in there system. I have had 2 dtv telemarketers call me after cancelling trying to sign me up. When I tell them I want a hr34 they say no problem I can install it for free for you right then I know they know nothing about it.

Well the DirecTV site is currently getting ready to put on its December 8th face.

Guess we will have a lot of our questions answer tomorrow.

Its live!!! Just ordered online install for tomorrow :) Now I can call Dish and tell them where to stick their 922 receiver!!!! LOL I am glad to be back to Dtv

skew said:
Its live!!! Just ordered online install for tomorrow :) Now I can call Dish and tell them where to stick their 922 receiver!!!! LOL I am glad to be back to Dtv

Wow, that was quick...maybe you can be our first reviewer :)

just had to share this Im still lol. So I call dish to cancel they offer to "upgrade" my 922 to a 722 for $199 upfront and then give me a $10 credit per month to pay it back to keep me as a valued customer. I told him I already paid $199 upcharge 2 years ago instead of taking the 722 for free now they want another $199.

Damn, no optical audio output. My audio receiver does not have HDMI so the only digital audio I can use for surround is optical.

I talked to a CSR yesterday aend she said the HR34 is only available in 3 markets, which the website now says 'early 2012'. That means I can still order from a 3rd party and D* will still install, correct?

She also confirmed the $99 is for new customers and $399 for the rest of us.

its gonna be hard explaining to the wife why we need to spend $399 on this thing :D

Will the 5 tuners work without having the WH setup?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

BTW I notice the spec sheet I posted last week is identical to the one for on the DIRECTV "Satinstalltraining" website.

Some people will try putting our info down no matter where it came from, which in this case was directly from DIRECTV.

Will the HR34 work with any HD TV or does it have to be a Smart TV? When I say work I mean can I use it for the Whole Home Service in conjunction with two other H25 HD receivers?

I called to order today (I'm a new customer) and the first DTV Rep told me "it can only be installed on a smart TV". I wasn't sure if that was accurate so I told him thanks for your help, hung up, and called back. I explained the conversation I had with the previous person but this time was told "yeah no problem it should be fine with your current HD TV" They are coming to install next week but I'm a little concerned about the conflicting info. It's so new no one over there really knows for sure.

It will work with any television. If you want to get right down to it, it doesn't even have to be an HDTV as it has composite outputs.

On Directv website this evening (I am in Florida), it says available "early 2012".

They showed it at CEDIA with RVU working, and yes you could use 2 of them although a SWiM 16 would enter the picture but once you get to an 8 room install, this cost is not really the issue in the custom install world. Awesome interface, the 813/110 Dish doesn't even come close to it (assuming we ever see it)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)