DirecTV in Bahamas options?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Longjack

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 6, 2008
Primary home in Orlando, with second place in the Bahamas.
Am thinking of going back to DirecTV and am wondering the following -

If I have duplicate receivers and dishes in both locations (no phone service at Bahamas location) , can I simply carry card back and forth when we vist the Bahamas? (Am only looking for SD right now, no HD.)

What dish would I need ? (Single or dual LNB?)

With DTV spot beam coveage, would I still be able to get Orlando local channels in the Bahamas?

Many thanks for any help.

Primary home in Orlando, with second place in the Bahamas.
Am thinking of going back to DirecTV and am wondering the following -

If I have duplicate receivers and dishes in both locations (no phone service at Bahamas location) , can I simply carry card back and forth when we vist the Bahamas? (Am only looking for SD right now, no HD.)

What dish would I need ? (Single or dual LNB?)

With DTV spot beam coveage, would I still be able to get Orlando local channels in the Bahamas?

Many thanks for any help.

You cannot switch a card between receivers. You could probably carry a receiver back and forth (ignoring the terms of service). SD spot beams are wider than those for HD, but it probably depends a bit on which spot beam is used for Orlando. See DTV Spots Map. The standard 18 in. dish (single dual-output LNB) would suffice.

Thanks... so if I set up a 2 receiver system here in Orlando, and then took one of them down to the Bahamas and left it, would that work OK?
And where might I find the DTV spots map?
Thanks again.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts