Directv in Dominican Republic... What's stopping me?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

kobioshi

Original poster
Jul 16, 2009
L.A.
Hey everyone. I currently live in Southern California, but will be relocating to Jarabacoa, Dominican Republic in a couple months. I just got off the phone with DTV and they informed me that they do not offer service in the DR... But heres the thing... I will still have a stateside mailing address inFlorida, so what would stop me from shipping my receiver and dish to the DR and doing a self install? I mean as long as I can align the dish and get a decent signal, then won't it just work as if I were in the US?

Hey everyone. I currently live in Southern California, but will be relocating to Jarabacoa, Dominican Republic in a couple months. I just got off the phone with DTV and they informed me that they do not offer service in the DR... But heres the thing... I will still have a stateside mailing address inFlorida, so what would stop me from shipping my receiver and dish to the DR and doing a self install? I mean as long as I can align the dish and get a decent signal, then won't it just work as if I were in the US?

What's stopping you? Possibly the planet. You need to determine if the 101 sat is above or below your new horizon line - you may not be able to see the bird at all due to the curvature of the earth.

I'd forget the idea of a small 18" dish too - if you can see it at all, you will need a bigger dish to get a signal that is usable.

For 101 you'd need over a 4 meter dish...and that's a maybe. That's 4 meters, not feet.

DishNetwork would work though. Probably even be able to pick up the spotbeam for Puerto Rico where the 30 some odd HD national channels are going to be in a month or two.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts