DirecTV in Puerto Rico

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

bjmcintosh

Original poster
Jan 7, 2009
Montana
I work for a company that provides audio/video and automation systems for homes.

One of our clients is building close to Puerto Rico and I am trying to see what we would need for hardware to receive the North American feeds.

I also need to understand what satellites are being used for the conus beams that cover the entire North American continent (not the spot beams). If we can make this work, I need to know what programming he will get, and what he won't.

If I knwe what satellites are being used, I could probably track down the coverage patterns for the conus beams and figurer out what I need for an antenna.

Can anyone advise where I may be able to get the technical info (EIRP values for the Puerto Rico area for example), as well as the satellites that provide conus coverage. If I had the satellites, I could probably figure out the channels he would receive.

Thanks, everyone!

Regards,
Brian McIntosh

Forgive my ignorance, but I gather that the HS sats at 99 and 103 propvode nothing but DH programming nation wide? (i.e. NO spot beam HD).

Whay satellite and programming are available on the satellite that covers PR.

I was in the satellite industry back in the 80's and 90's and I remember working on a grpund station for Galaxy Latin America.

My client would certainly want as much of the standard North American programming as possible.

Cheers,
Brian

I can't speak for DirecTV but I know there are some installers for Dish in Puerto Rico that post around here. Check out the installers forum here.

I was in PR last November and saw a few DTV logo vans (installers) driving around. Your best bet would be to google the PR yellow pages to line up both your hardware and to establish the account.

I do think you need a bigger dish down there - but a local dude would be your best bet.

Hello, if you contract D* service in PR you will have the major networks (FOX, ABC, CBS and NBC) and some other US Feed, these feeds will have small tweaks to the programing because they provide service for BVI and other islands in the Caribbean, the rest of the lineup is for the Latin American audience due to copyrights (that is because PR and Caribbean is considered Latin America). Check out the directvpr site for the complete lineup.

BTW, My receiver states 15 transponders @ 95 West Beam.
Having said that, is it possible to get the 99, 101 and 103 signals in Bogota?
I am not sure if those are the birds that provide HD programming for PR.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)