DirecTV installation in Condo Building

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jdrinboston

Original poster
Nov 22, 2008
Hi everyone,

I'm a trustee of a newly developped 60-unit condominium building near Boston and I'm trying to get some information on the steps needed to have DirecTV service installed in our building. Our residents already have access to Comcast, FIOS, and Dish Network, so myself and the rest of the trustees would like to complete the offering by bringing in DirecTV.

My question relates to the disruption/cost to the association from the installation. I know that the developer brought in DishNetwork after the building was completed. From my understanding, the Dish contractors were allowed to install a dish on our roof and run wiring to the cable/telephone rooms located on each floor of our building. From there, a cable/satellite contractor is able to switch each residential unit to whatever service they order. I was told by the Dish installer that his agreement with the developer did not prohibit DirecTV from the building, only from using Dish's wiring.

So I guess I'm wondering how easy would it be for DirecTV to install a similar system, and how much they would charge the association. My other trustees seem to think that Direct would install the dish for little or no cost if we gave them permission to market their service to the building's residents. Also, does anyone have any idea how long it would take Direct to install the dish and wiring and how disruptive it might be to residents.

If we're able to do this, I think it would be a nice feather in our associations cap. Not sure how many people are able to choose from four cable/satellite tv providers with little or no disruption to their home.

Thanks for your help!

we would have no problem using the same wiring that dish uses but if the account holder wants to get a dvr we have to run two coax lines or install a whats called a SWM system and that may cost the account holder $120.00 but thats up to DTV

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)