DirecTV installation

Status
Please reply by conversation.

suproach

Original poster
Sep 9, 2008
Will the D* tech run RJ-45 and/or Ethernet cables for my DVR if neither are located near my box?

Searched and couldn't find anything, if it's on the forum already could you point me in the right direction?
Found answers elsewhere about phone lines, but what about cat5? If their trying to push their new PPV service, shouldn't they include that in the install?

Last edited:
Will you come and cut my grass and clean my house? Since you're looking for answers on how to get freebies, I figured I'd try to get some free labor from you.

As an installer, if time permits I let the customer walk me through what all he wants done. After he explains in detail I let him know what is included in the install and how much it is going to cost for everything else. Most installers get paid per job not per hour. You burn into their time your burn into their money. We have to make a living too, so someone has to pay for our time and DTV sure won't.

I thought it might be included by DTV, as in they would compensate installers for doing it so they could gain revenues from on demand programming, but i guess not, sorry.

Will the D* tech run RJ-45 and/or Ethernet cables for my DVR if neither are located near my box?

Searched and couldn't find anything, if it's on the forum already could you point me in the right direction?
Found answers elsewhere about phone lines, but what about cat5? If their trying to push their new PPV service, shouldn't they include that in the install?
You can ask.If it's easy and quick the guy may do it as a courtesy. Be prepared to offer a gratuity. If the job will take time( at the techs discretion) you'll be charged. Just remember, additional work means additioonal pay. Anything outside the scope fo the work order is chargable.
If your pleasant and ask he may accomodate you. But again. NOTHING is free...Tipping the installer if he does not charge you shows that you are a stand up guy..

Ok thanks for the info, was jw if this was included in the "free pro installation" I won't ask anyone to do something like that as a courtesy, just thought it might come with the package

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts