DirecTV interest in VOOM?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
main.jpg
:hungry:

Dang it, you made me spill my coffee!:D

Everyone is talking about repeat programming... look at MHD, Discovery and all of these channels that repeat... maybe not as often but still... I would love to have the 15 Voom channels back with Guy TV and or Gunslingers in the mix...
YES!!!!!:hungry: Those were the DAYS!

To me it all depends on MonstersHD thats the only channel that I really have to have.

Why should we ''voomers'' not be happy? I personally would like all of us to be happy.:eureka

I think everyone should have as much programming choice as they want.

As much ''great'' HD programming as we can get our hands on.

Its all about choice! If Direc add Voom or parts of Voom. Great!! I for one would love it.

VOOMers are colored by their head in the sand devotion to VOOM that they continue to fail to read carefully. I never said VOOMers should not be happy, I personally liked VOOM on E* myself, and would love to have VOOM consolidate its channels to maybe three at the most so E* can continue to have them, or D* can add them too.

But D* did not say they maybe interested in buying Rainbow Media to make VOOMers happy, end of the story!

VOOM does not rise to the level of SciFiHD, USAHD or other mainstream HD channels and even with those mainstream HDs did you see D* buying the channels in order to carry them?

To continue to believe any interest in buying Rainbow Media is to satisfy the VOOMers is just like I said, some kind of center of the universe mentality except VOOM is no where to be found.

VOOMers are colored by their head in the sand devotion to VOOM that they continue to fail to read carefully. I never said VOOMers should not be happy, I personally liked VOOM on E* myself, and would love to have VOOM consolidate its channels to maybe three at the most so E* can continue to have them, or D* can add them too.

But D* did not say they maybe interested in buying Rainbow Media to make VOOMers happy, end of the story!

VOOM does not rise to the level of SciFiHD, USAHD or other mainstream HD channels and even with those mainstream HDs did you see D* buying the channels in order to carry them?

To continue to believe any interest in buying Rainbow Media is to satisfy the VOOMers is just like I said, some kind of center of the universe mentality except VOOM is no where to be found.
Totally agree 100%

I think they want Rainbow for IFC AMC and a couple of the Voom channels thats it, and then they will have channels that the competition will not be able to get. I dont believe that they want all of Voom.

To each his own.. I beg to disagree.

I would gladly have Voom over USAhd, tbshd and dare i say Sci FiHD..In my opinnion the content was much better.
You can have the boring run of the mill stuff.

Damn Id even have the 24hr fish tank. At least it was true HD all day and night.

To each his own.. I beg to disagree.

I would gladly have Voom over USAhd, tbshd and dare i say Sci FiHD..In my opinnion the content was much better.
You can have the boring run of the mill stuff.

Damn Id even have the 24hr fish tank. At least it was true HD all day and night.

I agree with you but I would rather have the 5 voom, I do prefer some of the HD we have now to some of the Voom but the 5 channels they originally tried to keep would have been perfect for me.

why would D criticize E in the past for having these voom channels and suddenly add them to their lineup? to me it's what's been said already the interest is for the other rainbow channels not voom. voom is dead. RIP please.

why would D criticize E in the past for having these voom channels and suddenly add them to their lineup? to me it's what's been said already the interest is for the other rainbow channels not voom. voom is dead. RIP please.
I don't think it was as much about criticizing VOOM as it was about comparing HD channels by each provider. At the time Dish was a lot further behind in HD than Direct and one thing that brought Dish's HD count to a decent level were the 15 VOOM channels. I think Direct was more tyring to say something like, Dish may have x number of HD channels, but these are channels that nobody even heard of anyway. If Dish had the same HD channels that Direct had at the time plus the additional VOOM channels, I don't think Direct would have used the same marketing criticism. Either way, if Direct does pick up VOOM, I will be willing to bet that Dish will make Direct eat their words; marketing criticism of their own and a good one at that.

I don't think it was as much about criticizing VOOM as it was about comparing HD channels by each provider. At the time Dish was a lot further behind in HD than Direct and one thing that brought Dish's HD count to a decent level were the 15 VOOM channels. I think Direct was more tyring to say something like, Dish may have x number of HD channels, but these are channels that nobody even heard of anyway. If Dish had the same HD channels that Direct had at the time plus the additional VOOM channels, I don't think Direct would have used the same marketing criticism. Either way, if Direct does pick up VOOM, I will be willing to bet that Dish will make Direct eat their words; marketing criticism of their own and a good one at that.

Good point, I think any company would like to add more HD that others cant get. Ofcourse they would bash them when they are with another company because its the competition.

I agree with the main point of your post.

We have all seen businesses criticize another business for doing something, and then turn right around and do the same thing. The public has a short memory for things like that.

I don't think the disparaging remarks that DirecTV made about Voom have any bearing on what will happen in the future.

My head is not in the sand, and its fracking obnoxious of you to say something like that. I want Voom back, but I'm rational and I understand the competitive landscape E* is functioning in.

You're entitled to your opinion, and I'm entitled to disagree.

Well said! For some people the word Voom is misunderstood. They either never saw it or just dont care for its content.

No matter what the name, I would like ''great'' 24hr non commercial true HD channels.

The name of that suit we all know is Voom. I miss it and would be grateful to have it back from any provider. Period.

The above facts are true except the VOOMers continue to think they are the center of the universe. There is absolutely no reason to spend a chunck of money to buy VOOM in order to add the VOOM channels, just sign a carriage agreement for cheap and add them already. VOOM does not rise to such a level that D* would want to own it.

No, interested in buying Rainbow Media is not to make the VOOMers happy, give it up already.

If they buy Rainbow Media, VOOM is in the mix. DirecTV is in the business of reducing costs (carriage agreements) and expanding customer base. Any business deal that gets both to move in the right direction for an acceptable price is a good idea.

If the price is too high, it's a bad deal. The point is that it would be foolish to discard VOOM without analysis ***if they did buy Rainbow Media***. If they didn't buy Rainbow, it really doesn't matter.

I'm all for whatever expands DirecTV's subscriber base and provides additional channels. If any of us were in charge of picking the HD channels offered, there would be half as many as there are now. None of us like all the channels. But if these channels you dislike bring in enough customers for a cheap enough price, it is a good deal.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)