DirecTV iPad App Update 1.6.6 - Still no away-from-home streaming

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

tigerfan33

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 12, 2007
Alabama
New update for the iPad app is available. New features include a more user friendly search. Multi task has been added so you can close out the app while watching a program. Go to another app then back to the Directv app and continue watching where you left off.

I was able to sit in and watch a presentation about the iPad app update with Directv and ask a few questions thanks to Jason and this site!!

The no news of not streaming away from your home network was the big news. Someone before me asked about this long awaited function of the app. they could not comment on it as of now. I asked about the iPhone app and a update to stream like your iPad and YES it will be coming to the iPhone as well. I did tell them how important live streaming away from the home network is. They are very aware and said eventually want the Directv app to open up all the way so you will need this app only and not one app for each network.

Viacom channels will be coming to the app sometime this fall. I think most know this per contract dispute between Directv and Viacom.

So there you have it. More wait time for this app to be a true Directv Everywhere app.

I would like to say THANK YOU to DIRECTV for inviting SatelliteGuys members to participate on a special conference call / presentation in which our members were show the new DIRECTV iPad App and interface with the apps programmers!

We hope that we can work more with DIRECTV in the future on stuff like this and more!

DirecTV iPad App Update 1.6.6

Well, today released an update to the DirecTV iPad app, which housed a few minor improvements but didn't address the glaring miss - there is still no streaming video off one's home network.

What was improved is significant however: The search function, multitasking capability that returns you to where you left off after switching apps, and improvements to the "watch on ipad" section.

We had the opportunity to ask some questions of DirecTV on this release, here are answers that were of note:
Viacom channels will be added to the streaming capability, but not until later this fall.

They are working on an update for the iPhone to add streaming like on the ipad.

They would not comment on streaming away from home networks. The basic indication is that they want to, but there are several factors in play.

All I get is the logo when I open up the APP. I don't know if it is because my iPad is JB. Prior updates gave me a JB warning until the Cydia tweak was updated to get around that restriction.
IMG_0033.PNG

Got it working now. A Cydia update as well as APP programming fixes was just completed. Currently, those of us with JB iPad have an error free DirecTV APP while those with without the JB have an APP full of errors.

Sent from my Jailbroken iPad using SatelliteGuys

Got it working now. A Cydia update as well as APP programming fixes was just completed. Currently, those of us with JB iPad have an error free DirecTV APP while those with without the JB have an APP full of errors.

Sent from my Jailbroken iPad using SatelliteGuys

thanks for the heads up DK. now i can update. those tweaks are sweet. haven't needed to update since i don't get any prompts thanks to the premium xcon tweak.

Since I'm currently dealing with a dead TV in my master bedroom, I'm curious if there will ever be a feature to watch recorded shows on a DVR on the network on your iPad if it's on the same network?

Since I'm currently dealing with a dead TV in my master bedroom, I'm curious if there will ever be a feature to watch recorded shows on a DVR on the network on your iPad if it's on the same network?

I would like this also.

Anyone else think app is slower now?

SatinKzo said:
I would like this also.

Anyone else think app is slower now?

Mine slowed way down after the update but still does what I want it to, just have to wait a few more seconds than usual

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts