DIRECTV is Home for 2007 MLB Postseason in HD

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Will any new hd channels be launched in time for the mlb playoffs....nevermind tbs......only time will tell. The clock is ticking.

Will any new hd channels be launched in time for the mlb playoffs....nevermind tbs......only time will tell. The clock is ticking.

What does that have to do with this thread? This is about MLB games.
There are two weeks before those games, can't for the life of me understand why you want to go this direction about having MLB games in HD per D* adverts? Oh, of course I can, your just made that way.

Someone has to hold directv accountable for their press releases. Bottom line is they are cutting it close to offer the games on a fulltime mpeg 4 tbs hd channel as stated in the press release. More than likely, whether they are able to overcome the technical issues with launching many of the other new channels will determine the fate of tbs hd.

Someone has to hold directv accountable for their press releases. Bottom line is they are cutting it close to offer the games on a fulltime mpeg 4 tbs hd channel as stated in the press release. More than likely, whether they are able to overcome the technical issues with launching many of the other new channels will determine the fate of tbs hd.

What the heck are you reading?????

My god man, you just spun that release like never before, how can you say "as stated" I don't see mpeg4 anywhere in there. Nice quote, as usual.

I'd say the bottom line is that the TBS-HD playoff games will be shown on DirecTV, via the TBS-HD channel in MPEG4 and/or the MPEG2 "special events" channels 94 or 95.

If for some reason that doesn't happen, there will be reasons to complain and kvetch. But I am confident that we will see the games (if perhaps not the full-time channel) by the time the playoffs roll around.

Cmon now, directv has already stated they will not be launching anymore fulltime hd channels in mpeg 2. And the press release says they are to a launch a fulltime tbs hd in september, so obviously it is supposed to be mpeg 4. The press release also associates tbs hd with the other hd channels and packages supposed to released by the end of the month, so there is the connection to the launch of the new sat. I'm not exactly spinning things.

I'd say the bottom line is that the TBS-HD playoff games will be shown on DirecTV, via the TBS-HD channel in MPEG4 and/or the MPEG2 "special events" channels 94 or 95.

If for some reason that doesn't happen, there will be reasons to complain and kvetch. But I am confident that we will see the games (if perhaps not the full-time channel) by the time the playoffs roll around.

Probably, but the press release promises a full time channel.

Cmon now, directv has already stated they will not be launching anymore fulltime hd channels in mpeg 2. And the press release says they are to a launch a fulltime tbs hd in september, so obviously it is supposed to be mpeg 4. The press release also associates tbs hd with the other hd channels and packages supposed to released by the end of the month, so there is the connection to the launch of the new sat. I'm not exactly spinning things.

Point is games will be on TBS, games will be on D* in HD, what more do you want. Channel launch is a whole different subject.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts