DirecTV lawsuit in Federal Court.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Thats insane. I hope they get some money over this. I dont understand how a mixup like that could occur. How does were running late become where being held by gunpoint? I would be sueing the hell out of the dispatcher too.

Who's to say a possible bad guy wasn't holding a gun to a hostage's head to tell dispatch to back down and thr dispatcher believed them?
They cannot do that. Just like they have to respond to 911 hangups.
They have no discretion(sp). The police have to respond and secure the scene. If they had not reponded and something bad did happen you people would be calling for the City's head as well. They recieved a call and responded correctly.
Every mistake does not equate to a lawsuit. It was a misunderstanding. No one died. No one was hurt.
Suck it up.

Yeah right, S--t happens and were supposed to suck it up? Maybe swat should have showed up and started shooting everyone and then ask questions. Sounds like to me the cops were on a sugar high and should have secured the scene and then asked some common questions to make a simple evaluation. If the installers came off the roof and told the cops they were free to leave on their own will and they were supposedly the hostages, then my assumption at that point is their is no hostage situation and everybody goes back to the donut shop. Where is the mix up here? Sounds like you need to go through a situation like this to understand the ramifications of being falsely accused of something. It's definitely a sucking sound you be hearing.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)