Directv LNB 5 Dish Alignment or Hardware problem?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Cudos

Original poster
Feb 2, 2016
Louisiana
I tried realigning my Directv satellite after I suddenly lost all the HD channels. I followed most of the guides online to peak the 101 first, then adjust the skew to get the 119. Signal strengths on both satellites are strong in the 90s using a birddog. I then dither to satellite to finetune the 103 and 99. After rechecking the signals on both the 101 and 119, I hooked up the receiver. Signals on 101, 119, 110 would be in the high 90s and remain there, but the 103 and 99s signals would peak in the 90s for a less than 30 seconds, then fall back to 0. I am not sure what I am doing wrong or maybe I have a defective switch?

:welcome to Satelliteguys Cudos!

Did you check all of the cabling, connectors, and the dish itself to be sure everything is tight? If you have more than one receiver/dvr, are your signal strengths the same on both? What are all of your signal strengths? Is your power inserter working properly, with the green power light illuminated?

99s and 103s are just spotbeams for locals, so not a good diagnosis tool. As chip says, post all your signals. We need to see 99ca/cb and 103ca/cb

I also have a "non SWM" 5 lnb dish (4 leads) with BBC's installed. I have the opposite problem. I suddenly lost all of my 99 transponders & most of my 101 transponders except for 22-30? which remain in the 92 to 100 strength range. Strange thing is, my 103 (ca)(cb) transponders are also in the high 90's & 119 is also high which rules out an alignment problem. DTV customer service guy( very knowledgeable) seems to think that half of my "inserter"? may be bad & suggested switching my 2 cables to the other 2 unused leads which worked. All transponder signals now back up to high 90 - 100.

My question is, is this possible or did my disconnecting & reconnecting the cables "reset" the inserter?

I also have a "non SWM" 5 lnb dish (4 leads) with BBC's installed. I have the opposite problem. I suddenly lost all of my 99 transponders & most of my 101 transponders except for 22-30? which remain in the 92 to 100 strength range. Strange thing is, my 103 (ca)(cb) transponders are also in the high 90's & 119 is also high which rules out an alignment problem. DTV customer service guy( very knowledgeable) seems to think that half of my "inserter"? may be bad & suggested switching my 2 cables to the other 2 unused leads which worked. All transponder signals now back up to high 90 - 100.

My question is, is this possible or did my disconnecting & reconnecting the cables "reset" the inserter?
Your using a Non SWM set up ...
What INSERTER are you talking about ...
Power Inserter is only used on SWM set ups.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts