Directv Nbc olympics problems

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Covsky

Original poster
Aug 10, 2008
Hi everyone

I am from Europe and just staying for few months in Usa in Vegas . I want to state at the beggining that i have no idea about directv and stuff cause i just rent house here with all set up . Olympics started 2 days ago , eveywhere where i read it is set NBC spend 900 mln $ for having it exclusivaly and that there will be many chanels wich broadcast most of the events .

It is said that those channels should be from 750-756 . I have only 750 751 752 and 753 while on the last channel its said that channel not purchased but maybe its because no events are schedulled there yet so will see this one tomorrow. I also found already that 754 755 and 756 are channels for HD recvievers and thats the reason i dont see them . I have HD tv here but think reciever is SD or sth so i guess i wont be able to change anything about it. But thats not that big of a problem as i wrote only basketball and soccer will be shown there.

I was also trying to maybe buy some olympics package but it seems this all is free and i dont ahve to do anything cause i spoke with owner but she hardly speak englsh , much worse than i do so its quite hard to make anything from it. I tried to call directv but they said they have some problems with computers and cant help right now.

So How to get those olympics channels with all the coverage , i cant believe its just that that they didint have coverage of swimming finals at the afternoon today having so many channels and nothing was on it while Phelps and some other Usa stars swim. Is there anything i can do about that or everything is fine here and i cant do anything more.

I see there is also normal NBC channel set on channel number 3 , but it also doesnt show much .

I know about nbc olympics but there is no swimming for example at all

I would be very gratefull for help in this matter. If there is any option to buy some channel packages i will buy it or maybe some channels are hidden somewhere and have to be set up or something

Thx in advance

I also see now that channel 406 Telmundo and 251 Oxygen i have message that channel is not purchased , can i just buy those channels or have to take some packages , if so wich one :)

Much of the coverage here in the USA is going to be tape delayed to maximize viewers. The channels all come in fine for free. Go the the website and you can see the coverage times. If your receiver is interactive you can tune to one of the Olympic channels and at the prompt, press the red button to also see a guide. The swimming WAS on as it was playing at the restaurant while I was eating. If you are getting a not purchased message on a channel like Oxygen; I would like to know what package you are subscribed to; maybe the family package; if so you may need to upgrade.

hmm see thats strange cause since few hours i am all time on computer and tv and checking those channels all the time and there is no way that on channel 3 ,750, 751 or 752 there was swimming live today (i mean Finals wich were about 3 hours ago), i saw some stuff early on but those were repeats from yesterday .Maybe it was on Oxygen or Telmundo. Anyway That makes some sense though when you say they put it from tapes to maximize viewers and live they show now some beach volleyball or gimnastics and to be honest this is so sick and in Europe would never happen .

I am not sure what package is here but if i tell the owner tomorrow to add Oxygen and Telmundo channel for 2 weeks this should be ok ?

Cause those are the only two i cant get right now having 3 and 750-2 right?

Thx in advance

Adding back to what you wrote look now at NBC , they show swimmming as LIVE with the Finals that were 3 hours ago . What is this!?

I see also that on oxygen there is some crap only so with gimnastic and only stuff for woman or something i would be interested only in Telmundo then more , is it possible to get just the channel for a month or sth or whole package ?

And summing this all up , it all works fine and i cant add any more programs right? The only thing i would be able to do is to get Hd reciever and get those HD channels but i guess there is no sense just for 2 weeks if they only show there basketball and soccer wich is avalible on nbcolympics.com

Thx in advance

Last edited:
As I said above "Much of the coverage here in the USA is going to be tape delayed to maximize viewers" because of the extreme time difference. AND they also show REPLAYS of many of the most popular events late at night like now..

You can't add just one channel, nor just channels that show Olympics.

Ok so i will take just the package that has Telmundo . Are there any non americans chanels that offer olympics that i somehow can buy on directv ? Maybe thats the way to see events live

Ah and the last thing i will ask you for it looks like Universal HD channel that should be on channel 756 has 24 h broadcast and looks the best from it. What should i aproximately purchase to have it for a month or so . Probably HD reciever and some hd package and how would it cost ?

Thx in advance and really appretiate your help

Covsky, much of NBC's (the main network) IS live, but only to the eastern US. For those of us in the west, we're getting most of the coverage delayed by three hours, even when it's live to the east. This is not be confused with NBC delaying the coverage overall, such as the Opening Ceremony, which took place at 5 AM PDT/8 AM EDT, but wasn't shown in the US until 12 hours later for those in the east and 15 hours for us west coasters.

A solution to get as much live coverage as possible is to "move" to a NY address for the duration of the games, and thus be able to access WNBC's feed.

how can i change to NY adress ? Is it possible to make manually or sth ? or should i make some changesd with bills etc cause i am not owner , i can only make some changes at recievers or sth

thx

Very simple to do -- just call Directv's 800 number and tell them you need to change your service address, but (EXTREMELY IMPORTANT) that your mailing address remains the same. If you don't do this, your bill will wind up at the new address and they'll shut you off when it comes time to pay it (and you don't even know it showed up 3,000 miles away).

I've never heard of the customer rep to ask why, but if it comes up, just say you've been temporarily reassigned for your job and will be back to your normal address in a couple of weeks -- and that you wanted to take your receiver with you.

All you need is a valid NYC address. Doesn't matter where, so long as it actually exists. Best thing to do is find an address of a gas station or something and be sure to add a non-existing "apartment number." This will differentiate your account from another that may already be actually in operation from the same address.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)