Directv new channel God TV

Status
Please reply by conversation.
richiephx said:
Look out E*, D* will have unlimited bandwidth now; 100 HD channels by December?....so it is written.

I would not hold my breath if I was you they won't have the bandwith up for HD until they launch Sats 10&11.Only then will they have the bandwith for 150 HD national channels and 1500 HD local channels.That's not supposed to happen until
2007&2008 respectively.:hungry:

Jhon69 said:
I would not hold my breath if I was you they won't have the bandwith up for HD until they launch Sats 10&11.Only then will they have the bandwith for 150 HD national channels and 1500 HD local channels.That's not supposed to happen until
2007&2008 respectively.:hungry:

I was being facetious :rolleyes:

talbain said:
wow how many bible kisser channels do we need, exactly?

Please try to be respectful to those of us who would be offended by this comment. However, I do agree with you, that the number of Spiritual channels are more than enough, and I wish D* would be more proactive in the HD arena.

The addition of GOD TV is really a double-edged sword -- while it is yet another religious channel (how long before D* catches up with E*/SkyAngel?), The God Channel is a UK-based network that has been trying to launch in the US for the past several years.

Could this be the beginning of a new expansion? Could we finally see English-language international channels like SkyNews, BBC World or DW World (one can only hope)? Could some of the other domestic wishlist channels be on the verge of showing up (HBO Comedy, Showtime Beyond, Style, NickGAS, or the remainder of the MTV Suite)?

I won't hold my breath, but I'm trying to be cautiously optimistic...

M

I try to be respectful when it comes to all of these types of channels. People believe what they want and that's fine. But isn't there Sky Angel for this sort of thing? Why not create a 'Divine Choice' package and charge $7.77 for it. (Sorry, couldn't resist)

I guess my problem is that i keep hearing how D* has no bandwidth left and any new channels will have to wait....but they have enough room for this. It's a miracle. :D

noneroy said:
I try to be respectful when it comes to all of these types of channels. People believe what they want and that's fine. But isn't there Sky Angel for this sort of thing? Why not create a 'Divine Choice' package and charge $7.77 for it. (Sorry, couldn't resist)

I think DirecTV is going to outnumber Sky Angel in religious channels soon.. SA subs could come over to DirecTV then and not have to worry about transponders failing and channels disappearing... they even have the "Somebody up there loves you.." slogan to attract the SA subs.. yep.. i see it all coming together..

-Dan

talbain said:
wow how many bible kisser channels do we need, exactly?

How about 500??? That would be much better than the trash that is on the Television Screen today...

In these end times, the more the better!!! But this was just a positive post, about God, so you might want to take heed... Just my humble opinion... LOL

Status
Please reply by conversation.