Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Ok here is some new for our DIRECTV friends.

I don't know if any of this has been mentioned elsewhere, but it was just told to me by a good source plus he also sent me over some documents on what he told me...

Fox Reality Channel is going away as of June 30th and will finally be changed over to NAT GEO WILD on June 30th. No word yet if DIRECTV is going to carry the HD version of the channel.

Effective July 9th the PTC Punjabi ala carte package will no longer be available on DIRECTV.

The last group of MPEG2 to MPEG4 channels will in the 70's range will go dark at the end of September.

ESPN HD will move from 73 to 206
ESPN 2 HD will move from 72 to 209
HBO HDwill move from 70 to 501
HDNet will move from 79 to 306
HD Theater will move from 76 to 281
TNT HD will will move from 75 to 245.

Other channel moves...

» UPCOMING CHANNEL MOVES

Date Effective
Channel Name
Action

6/23/10
La Liga/SAWQ Soccer
Move from 456 to 476

6/23/10
La Liga/SAWQ Soccer
Move from 457 to 477

6/23/10
La Liga/SAWQ Soccer
Move from 458 to 478

6/23/10
La Liga/SAWQ Soccer
Move from 459 to 479

6/23/10
MLS DIRECT KICK™
Move from 476 to 470

6/23/10
MLS DIRECT KICK™ HD
Move from 476-1 to 470-1

6/30/10*
ESPNU
Move from 614 to 208

6/30/10*
ESPNClassic
Move from 208 to 614

There will be no program simulcasts. Date of channel moves is subject to change.

Ok here is some new for our DIRECTV friends.

I don't know if any of this has been mentioned elsewhere, but it was just told to me by a good source plus he also sent me over some documents on what he told me...

Fox Reality Channel is going away as of June 30th and will finally be changed over to NAT GEO WILD on June 30th. No word yet if DIRECTV is going to carry the HD version of the channel.

The last group of MPEG2 to MPEG4 channels will in the 70's range will go dark at the end of September.

ESPN HD will move from 73 to 206
ESPN 2 HD will move from 72 to 209
HBO HDwill move from 70 to 501
HDNet will move from 79 to 306
HD Theater will move from 76 to 281
TNT HD will will move from 75 to 245.

Nat Geo Wild will be sd for a while, at least. The hd channels in the 70's have been gone for a couple of months already.

glad that ESPNU is making it down to the ESPN range

Fox reality has also had the ticker on it for a week if not more about it going away.

Come on Scott....give us real news :) lol

Nat Geo Wild will be sd for a while, at least. The hd channels in the 70's have been gone for a couple of months already.

Actually, for some reason D* has decided to fill the 70-99 range with JUNK.
I bet the viewership watching those channels are SLIM and NONE.
Matter of fact they probably could move ALL the commercial channels down there and get them out of our viewing area.

New installs have been without the HD channels in the 70 range for a while since the current LNBs don't see 110 and 119 which is where the HD channels in the 70 range were located. I think until very recently a few of 70s were still around for those that still have a 5 LNB dish. The channel number moves for those old channels have been that way ever since D10 lit up. For example ESPN existed on both 73 and 206. 206 was just a remapping of 73 (meaning still HD Lite MPEG2). However when D11 lit up, 206 became a MPEG4 channel with much better PQ. At that point those with the old Tivos could no longer see 206 and had to rely on 73. This same story repeated itself for all of the HD channels in the 70 range.

New installs have been without the HD channels in the 70 range for a while since the current LNBs don't see 110 and 119 which is where the HD channels in the 70 range were located. I think until very recently a few of 70s were still around for those that still have a 5 LNB dish. The channel number moves for those old channels have been that way ever since D10 lit up. For example ESPN existed on both 73 and 206. 206 was just a remapping of 73 (meaning still HD Lite MPEG2). However when D11 lit up, 206 became a MPEG4 channel with much better PQ. At that point those with the old Tivos could no longer see 206 and had to rely on 73. This same story repeated itself for all of the HD channels in the 70 range.
My 5 LNB Slimline see 110, and 119
My SD locals are on the 119 still in my area. So why wouldn't I see the 70's channels, since they were on the 110?

My 5 LNB Slimline see 110, and 119
My SD locals are on the 119 still in my area. So why wouldn't I see the 70's channels, since they were on the 110?

Well, that because those HD channels are already gone. Some have been gone for quite sometime and others departed more recently. A good bit of the info in Scott's post is already old news. BTW, that isn't a dig. I appreciate the info he brought and some of it may not be known by everybody.

I understand, But Commercial buildings are still using Slimlines if they want HD.

Atleast in my area.:)

Yes, but you don't have a commercial account, so you don't see those channels.

The biggest question is, once the MPEG2 HD channels are finally gone is directv going to move international from 95 to 110 and 119.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)