Directv NewsMix

Status
Please reply by conversation.
The only advantage to the News Mix channel, is it will bring all the major "news" channels together and not have CNN isolated away from the others. I don't want to hear "they pay for that spot" - why would they pay to be out of the way?

All the good channels on Directv are between 202-304. Having the 202 spot is a big advantage for them.

All the good channels on Directv are between 202-304. Having the 202 spot is a big advantage for them.

Says who? Except for sports, 277, and 283, little of my watching is in that range. Besides sports channels like NESN and FS South, I like Fusion, BBC World News, Revolt, FM, Smithsonian, MTV Live a lot, none of which are in that range. I think people who want news aren't watching much of the big "news" channels. The news section in my head starts at 340, so that's what I wil start with on the guide (I know it's a couple higher than that, but I remember that one) and I will start looking at 206 for ESPN so CNN is almost always missed.

Says who? Except for sports, 277, and 283, little of my watching is in that range. Besides sports channels like NESN and FS South, I like Fusion, BBC World News, Revolt, FM, Smithsonian, MTV Live a lot, none of which are in that range. I think people who want news aren't watching much of the big "news" channels. The news section in my head starts at 340, so that's what I wil start with on the guide (I know it's a couple higher than that, but I remember that one) and I will start looking at 206 for ESPN so CNN is almost always missed.
Of course, everyone's viewing habits are different. Personally, I mainly watch local channels, CNN, ESPN, Fox Sports, NBC Sports, HGTV, SyFy, Discovery Channel, History, Travel Channel, Science Channel and Smithsonian Channel. Aside from locals, Smithsonian Channel is the only one not in the 200 range. My wife mainly watches CNN, HLN, HGTV, E!, A&E and ID. We also play the BabyFirst channel for our baby occasionally.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)