Directv no caller ID.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

piperut

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Mar 3, 2005
The other day I started getting a phone call from: "TOLL FREE CALL" 8774881819". I had no idea who this was.
Finally, I decided to answer. It was someone claiming to be Directv.
There is no way to verify someone calling my house claiming to be a company is really that company.
When I told the lady who called I would call directv, she tried to keep me on the phone.

This is not good customer service.

huh; what are you saying/asking? what to the caller say the call was for? what were the details? online posts regarding this number show it is a legit phone bank hired to make calls regarding suspicious acct activity and verifications.

I am not asking anything.
I am making a statement that Directv does not identify themselves on Caller Id.
They do not leave a message.
They just call, and call, until someone finally answers.
Then when they are told "There is no way to verify you are who you claim to be, and I will call Directv to make sure it is a legitimate call."
The lady on the Phone starts trying to pry personal information from you on the phone.

Directv should have Directv listed as their caller ID.
Directv should say "Okay, call us" instead of attempting to pry persaonal information out of people.

There is way too much phising on the phone, on the internet, etc. For Directv not to understand why people will not willing give out information if it is not possbile to verify it is really Directv.

I would have, but understand it depends on each user's situation, BUT the point is that by being so overly paranoid, without answering and asking then claiming bad customer service is kind of odd; also even having a display ID name doesn't assure the caller of who they are really talking to; and many 800/888, etc of that type don't display a name. answering and directly dealing with the caller open & honest would have been the best solution; the user still doesn't have to divulge anything personal and can nicely end the call at any time.

I was not at the computer when the phone rang.

The problem- when the lady was informed I would call Directv and verify it was them, instead of saying something like "That is fine", she continued to try and keep me on the phone, and get personal information. That should have been the end of the conversation. It is bad customer service to continue after you are told no.

Directv claims to have the highest customer satisfaction. Every time I have had to deal with Directv it leaves a sour taste in my mouth. Can't unsubscribe from packages on line, you have to call them. The customer service reps do not realize who pays their salary. The customer should always come first, not be treated like they are the scum of the earth.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)