can't order ppv

Status
Please reply by conversation.

hudgreen

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 16, 2007
Set-up = (3) H-25 SWM 5 , LR h-25 connected to phone (no dsl filter) , Wireless cinema kit added today

When trying to order PPV using remote, She (customer) gets a message to phone in or text (or something like that)
LR phone line has been connected from day 1 (I did not know at the time she used dsl for internet as I was replacing a dish install so I just re-used the phone line)

Question; How necessary is the dsl filter? (caller id still works) and would this prevent ordering ppv (via remote)?

I went there today and installed a wireless cinema kit (successfully I think) but she says she still get the same message when trying to order PPV.

I did a search on this subject but after hours of reading (mostly post from years ago), I have more questions then answers.

I think I saw that her Her spending limit is set to 10$,Is that a default setting? (I nor she set that)and is that per event or total?

I'm not sure if a DSL filter would make a difference or not.
As for the $ 10 limit, thats per event, which covers most, all movies, special PPV's, Fights and what not will be more than that.
I would have her call and ask about it if it were me.

She should still be able to order online as well as calling in if she really wanted to.

if the customer has DSL then anything connected to a jack must have a filter

limit is per event/order

if remote ordering does not work they must call and have it activated; likely missed or did not take during setup.

if the customer has DSL then anything connected to a jack must have a filter

limit is per event/order

if remote ordering does not work they must call and have it activated; likely missed or did not take during setup.

Did they try a DSL filter and determine it didn't change anything ?

OP didnt say. the DSL filter does not change the ability to remote order or not, that is a matter of the ability being setup for the acct/receiver; BUT it needs to be there nonetheless to avoid line issues

OP didnt say. the DSL filter does not change the ability to remote order or not, that is a matter of the ability being setup for the acct/receiver; BUT it needs to be there nonetheless to avoid line issues

Correct, kinda why I mentioned above that I didn't know if it would cause his problem, but it sounds more like a set up issue, like you've mentioned.

Need to call in and have them check.

Did they try a DSL filter and determine it didn't change anything ?

I did test with one borrowed from her phone line and it didn't change anything.
I thought I had one left on my truck but I was out of them.
Like I said caller ID (now the only reason to have the phone line hooked up at this point) is working without the filter

So for her to order PPV via internet from her remote, Direct has to have that feature turned on in their system?

post #5 .... call in and get remote ordering activated

not having a DSL filter can cause noise in the line and cause issues with the users phone and internet; get a filter in place; they are maybe $5 or the ISP will send them

Last edited:
What OSD is she getting? OSD 733 indicates IPPV is disabled on the account. Or the limit is reached. There is also a monthly limit which is usually 49$
(IPPV- impulse pay per view)

OSD 736 indicated the phone line is either not active or there has not been a Call back made in the last 30 days.
(call back is when the receiver communicates back to DTV)

DSL filters are usually required when the phone line is hooked up to a receiver, I've seen a few cases where caller id and Ippv don't work because of it.

You could also let her know about other ordering methods.

Automated phone system- 1.50$ fee for this method
Text message: text movie to 223322
Customer service rep- 5$ fee for this, but I normally credit that if the customer says they have a phone line and it's still not working. Cuz it sounds like more of an issue on our end.

I HATE ppv because it never works like it should.. So when people are having issues, I usually hook them up.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)