Directv/Northwest Broadcasting progress?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Yes, I'm grandfathered in for DNS.
There may be a day when DirecTV removes grandfathered DNS, but until then I don't plan to change them anytime soon.

BTW, this dispute also removed MyNetwork. I didn't notice, since I don't watch that channel.

The directv website is wrong because after putting in my address it said I could get fox LA, so I called and they said no, that the fcc hasn't unlocked it. (Whatever that means). So, I'm just dealing without it. As it turns out, I CAN live without fox (though I'd really prefer to have it back) :)

The slide on the channel that had KFFX on it has changed and no longer talks about it being temporary or being in talks with northwest broadcasting. Only states that owners of the station removed the channel from Directv's lineup despite requests to keep it up and to visits directvpromise.com Based on that and what is on the Homepages of these fox stations. I would suspect they are not talking right now and that my original estimate of it likely being back in early September to be likely wrong. I would expect it gone at least on month. I would be very surprised to see it back much before late September to Early October.

The slide on the channel that had KFFX on it has changed and no longer talks about it being temporary or being in talks with northwest broadcasting. Only states that owners of the station removed the channel from Directv's lineup despite requests to keep it up and to visits directvpromise.com Based on that and what is on the Homepages of these fox stations. I would suspect they are not talking right now and that my original estimate of it likely being back in early September to be likely wrong. I would expect it gone at least on month. I would be very surprised to see it back much before late September to Early October.

Well, I would guess that it won't be back before the 1st week of the NFL season, they will use the NFL as a BIG bargaining chip.

I would have thought originally they would be back for the start of the NFL, but I don't think that any longer. It looks like directv is hoping people will put enough pressure on them after the first weekend of NFL games and the fact new episodes of fall programs start not to long after that to also put preassure on them to allow directv to carry the stations again at some point towards the middle of September or later.
Well, I would guess that it won't be back before the 1st week of the NFL season, they will use the NFL as a BIG bargaining chip.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts