DirecTV Not Attending CES

jcrandall

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Apr 3, 2005
Central Michigan
For anyone who has not heard already, DirecTV is not attending this years CES.

This is primarily due to two things, they have nothing to premier at this years show, and they decided to cut the expenses involved in attending the show.

We were very sad to learn this news a few weeks ago, as we are always looking forward to bringing you the best information satellite related, as well as losing the opportunity to build our relationship with DirecTV.

We will still have several staff members at CES, and I promise that we'll bring anything newsworthy direct to your desktop. CES is not just for our Dish Network subscribing members, we'll bring the show to all Satelliteguys!

If there is anything particular you want to learn about, please post it here and I'll do my best to bring it to you starting Thursday!

Yeah, its a real shame they are not attending; I really enjoyed the private demo they gave us last year. But we are there to report everything and anything we see that we think our members will find interesting.

I have to wonder if DTV will be there...just wearing other Company's name badges. They could be going under cover to get the real scoop in whats going on. It would not be a first for a Satillite company...:)

I remember something like that happening at the first Satellite Expo Bruno. ;)

It was funny seeing people I knew wearing name tags of other people and companies. :D

I remember something like that happening at the first Satellite Expo Bruno. ;)

It was funny seeing people I knew wearing name tags of other people and companies. :D

Welcome to Mempis....i bet there will be DTV people on the ground in Las Vegas also. Hope to see you there Scottie. Will be coming in on Wed and leaving Sunday..

According to business news in the papers and on CNBC, participation will be down at CES this year due to the economy and lack of any major new "wow" products. Several firms are severely cutting back participation or are not going at all. Visitor numbers are also expected to be down substantially. Therefore, D* non-participation should not be assumed to be significant.

So dont expect any earth shattering news from that Citi confrence tomorrow from Directv?

Since they have not yet announced this year's price increase - they also knew that 75% of the questions would be on that.

Since they are scaling down on new stuff due to anticipated $ issues, glad to see they are saving the expense $ too.

Well guys, we did find SOME presence of DirecTV at CES, not what we expected, but something :(

WNC, that's about it.

Attachments

• IMG_0267.JPG
    IMG_0267.JPG
    646.7 KB · Views: 400
  • IMG_0268.JPG
    IMG_0268.JPG
    846.7 KB · Views: 411
WNC is just a company that sells DTV dishes and ect... i think it was meant to be a joke?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)