DirecTV not honoring free hd or referral reward

Status
Please reply by conversation.

wa9zug

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 23, 2006
I ordered DTV on the phone. The phone number I got off the website that offered free HD for life and a $10 referral.
Since I was unable to complete my order on-line I called in the said 800 number. The lady took all my info including my friends account #. I get my bill. NO free HD, NO $10 credit. I call DTV. They tell me, Since I set up on line billing (3 days) after my order was processed I am not eligible for free HD for life. They also tell me that the $10 referal is no good because I ordered through the wrong phone number. The lady who took my order was so nice and said all my credits and rebates would go through. Any Ideas?

directv is shady business and also they lie to get you to their 2 year contract! Call and cancel and send your stuff back is the best thing you can do!! Trailer park trash business!

directv is shady business and also they lie to get you to their 2 year contract! Call and cancel and send your stuff back is the best thing you can do!! Trailer park trash business!

More wisdom from BIG.

Why don't you find a forum that has the service that YOU have.

I ordered DTV on the phone. The phone number I got off the website that offered free HD for life and a $10 referral.
Since I was unable to complete my order on-line I called in the said 800 number. The lady took all my info including my friends account #. I get my bill. NO free HD, NO $10 credit. I call DTV. They tell me, Since I set up on line billing (3 days) after my order was processed I am not eligible for free HD for life. They also tell me that the $10 referal is no good because I ordered through the wrong phone number. The lady who took my order was so nice and said all my credits and rebates would go through. Any Ideas?

There are alot of threads and info on this site pertaining to this subject, both of them.

YES, you need to call the correct phone number to get your referral, I don't like it, but thats the way it is.

DIRECTV: Referral Program

As for the Free HD, it was FREE for a while, then when that promo ended, they put it on a higher package, you also have to do the autopay in order to get it.

I get all my discounts. The one time they had an issue with the auto discount to carry over to the second month, they sent me all kinds of mailers and e-mail apologizing for the issue and the next month I got two months worth of credits. Seems to me they honor their commitment

So I have had it for a week. Will I get "sued" for two years worth of charges?

There are alot of threads and info on this site pertaining to this subject, both of them.

YES, you need to call the correct phone number to get your referral, I don't like it, but thats the way it is.

DIRECTV: Referral Program

As for the Free HD, it was FREE for a while, then when that promo ended, they put it on a higher package, you also have to do the autopay in order to get it.
After the OP called DIRECTV and gave the referral information, WHY, why, I ask, didn't DIRECTV tell the OP that he was calling the wrong number? It shouldn't matter what number you call at DIRECTV: their job is to help the customer, be it current or new, and when it's a new customer, they should be going out of their way to make sure that new customer starts out right. "Referral? Oh, let me transfer you to the department that handles that." Done.

On the other forum he cleaverly refers to them as indirectv. :D

What exactly is Trailer park trash business anyways ?
:confused:

What's this dude's problem ?
:confused:

Sounds like he didn't like DIRECTV so he cancelled, and now he's made it his 2nd job to tell everyone how awful DIRECTV is.
His first job is groucy prison guard.

Time to move on.
Get on with your life.

After the OP called DIRECTV and gave the referral information, WHY, why, I ask, didn't DIRECTV tell the OP that he was calling the wrong number? It shouldn't matter what number you call at DIRECTV: their job is to help the customer, be it current or new, and when it's a new customer, they should be going out of their way to make sure that new customer starts out right. "Referral? Oh, let me transfer you to the department that handles that." Done.

Excellent point.
Seams like common sense to me.

I called DTV at least 3 times on this. The second call (the day after installation) when I was asking about the "rebates" for costs and how I file, the lady told me to set up auto-pay. I did. I sent my first auto-pay while she was on the phone. She said, OK you are set. Got a paper bill three days later. Any experiences with "early termination" out there?

I'm having D* installed this afternoon. I used a local retailer/installer. I gave them a D* account number as a referral and they said they'd use it when they set up the account. If there's all this hassle about not being able to use a referral after activation, can the installer confirm the referral is there when he calls in the activation?

I just ran into a similar problem with the AAA discount. I knew there was a discount, but I didn't know there was a special number you had to call when signing up or else you can't get it. When I asked about it, the guy who signed me up said "Oh no problem we can put that on your bill once you're installed". Well it turns out that once the service is active, they can't do anything about it. Had I known that I would've just called the number. It seems the person I was talking to just didn't want to give up the commission on a 'gimme' signup. I didn't have questions, I knew exactly what I wanted, all he had to do was sign me up.

I talked to someone who was very nice and understanding, and sent my complaint to 'escalations' to see if they could do anything, and for my trouble gave me 3 free months of HBO/Cinemax and HD super pack. So we'll see what happens if the escalations dept calls me back.

Big said:

Directv is not a mom and pop shop at the end of a 3 mile dirt road. It's a corporation with millions of customers. I doubt they get all their customers from being shady and trailer park trashy.. Just a thought.

I just ran into a similar problem with the AAA discount. I knew there was a discount, but I didn't know there was a special number you had to call when signing up or else you can't get it. When I asked about it, the guy who signed me up said "Oh no problem we can put that on your bill once you're installed". Well it turns out that once the service is active, they can't do anything about it. Had I known that I would've just called the number. It seems the person I was talking to just didn't want to give up the commission on a 'gimme' signup. I didn't have questions, I knew exactly what I wanted, all he had to do was sign me up.

I talked to someone who was very nice and understanding, and sent my complaint to 'escalations' to see if they could do anything, and for my trouble gave me 3 free months of HBO/Cinemax and HD super pack. So we'll see what happens if the escalations dept calls me back.

Well, I never got a call back from Escalations, so I was going to call them today to find out what was up. When I went to the website, I noticed my balance due was $10 less! Under the Recent Activity, there is a new entry:

10/28/2010 XXXXXXXX3482 CHOICE ULTIMATE - AAAReferNew ($10.00) ($0.63)

So they actually took care of me, and without any hassle or argument! That makes me very happy. :D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts