DirecTV not sympathetic to death in family

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Scott an his anti dtv moode is sickening. His half ass comments and why he lets people bash the company do to his own disagreements with them.

Directv is the reason they get bashed. Not Scott!
Look at all the complains all over, Look at the class action suits from D* holding a customer hostage. You can't do anything with D* without a commitment being signed. Its Nuts! I know plenty of people that are stuck with D* because they can't afford to payout and move on. Even customers that have been with D* for years are still fighting to get out.
D* should be Ripped of it commitment rights. They clearly over abuse it.

darren, i'm so sorry about your loss my friend. i sent you a pm. hang in there buddy. be strong for your dad,he needs you now more than ever.

Darren, losing your mother must be awful for you, as losing my dad was terrible for me. You and your dad have my sympathies and best wishes during this most difficult time.

Charise

Yes, DISH's customer service is perfect.:angel:

This is not a dish vs direc thing..

No way dish is perfect.

Im still not over them taking down Voom. That was horrific.

In their deffense they have since tried to make things right.

But Charlie and Co are not my favorite people.
Taking down channels at the drop of a hat is a terrible policy.
Especialy 15 channels..in one swoop.

That said dish never made me a promise only to take it away....

Yes, DISH's customer service is perfect.:angel:
Ok I will have some of what of Curtis is smoking. :D :D

But honestly, Dish Networks customer service is getting better, Dish had GREAT customer service years ago, and then it SUCKED and it sucked BAD. However there has been a turnaround for the better with Dish Networks customer service.

Now DirecTV on the other hand had WORLD CLASS service, I can't think of another company that had better customer service then DirecTV. But then something happened to DirecTV when Liberty Media took over and I got to be honest I don't like it. And the quality of their service has gone down the hill fast.

Please don't think I am bashing DirecTV as I am not, take a look for yourself at all the complaints over at DBSTalk over the past few months, it shows something is wrong at DirecTV. I want to see DirecTV (or Liberty Media) take notice at whats happening and work to bring DirecTV back to its world class customer service.

I got to admit it actually makes me sad to see whats happening to DirecTV over the past few months, this was one company who had its stuff together and now it appears that things are falling apart quickly.

If you love DirecTV please take a look around and be concerned as well. I thnk we all want to see DirecTV do better.

Thats not bashing, thats the truth.

But honestly, Dish Networks customer service is getting better, Dish had GREAT customer service years ago, and then it SUCKED and it sucked BAD. However there has been a turnaround for the better with Dish Networks customer service.

Now DirecTV on the other hand had WORLD CLASS service, I can't think of another company that had better customer service then DirecTV. But then something happened to DirecTV when Liberty Media took over and I got to be honest I don't like it. And the quality of their service has gone down the hill fast.

Please don't think I am bashing DirecTV as I am not, take a look for yourself at all the complaints over at DBSTalk over the past few months, it shows something is wrong at DirecTV. I want to see DirecTV (or Liberty Media) take notice at whats happening and work to bring DirecTV back to its world class customer service.

I got to admit it actually makes me sad to see whats happening to DirecTV over the past few months, this was one company who had its stuff together and now it appears that things are falling apart quickly.

If you love DirecTV please take a look around and be concerned as well. I thnk we all want to see DirecTV do better.

:up:up

like I said before

Like I said before, they are really pushing customer service on the tech end, but not so much the CSR's. Whats the deal with that?!?! I want to see a csr loose their job or loose pay because they had a BAD customer service survey. Why do customers get a call from Directv to see how well their TECH did and NOT the CSR. end:rant:

I do feel very sorry for your loss. I do not envy you or your family what you are going through.

That being said, I do not know how we can expect DirecTV to behave very differently. DirecTV service is not water or power. It is a luxury/convenience item. What has changed over the last year is a tension in the corporate world revolving collections on delinquent accounts. Across industries, many more accounts are delinquent versus prior periods. From a financial perspective, it would be irresponsible to the shareholders for DirecTV for them to continue service on past due accounts that have been shut off. Likewise, for many consumers, it would not be in the consumers' best interest for DirecTV to continue extending them credit in order for them to fall further and further behind.

I do feel for your father. Obviously he had his priorities in the right place during the last few months. I am sure he will understand that while he puts things in his life into some semblance of order that it will be a while before TV is a priority again.

I am sorry if others think this is uncaring, but I feel this is no different than we would expect of any functional company.

Like I said before, they are really pushing customer service on the tech end, but not so much the CSR's. Whats the deal with that?!?! I want to see a csr loose their job or loose pay because they had a BAD customer service survey. Why do customers get a call from Directv to see how well their TECH did and NOT the CSR. end:rant:

Good point..Ive had some excellent direc techs. They done a great job!

No complaints there.

Darren and his family have gone through a rough time. It will be that way for some time,

AND this could be an opportunity for Directv to show how customer service could be. Since they cannot know any of their customers they are in no position to give away anything or even administer payment plans. I would take Directv out of the loop. Try a local bank or a familiar church. These institutions are set up to bridge the gaps in our lives.

Having been through a little of what Darren has been through I would also suggest seeing if there is a local senior center where the father can go and watch TV with other people. As an installer I have seen older customers get lost in TV land. The only thing that gets them going is neighbor kids, grandchildren or pets. There is a reason why all those pictures end up clustered around the TV set.

Directv is a corporation with a responsibility to share holders... period! They are just not in the compassion business.

Sorry for your loss, Darren,

Joe

Sorry for your loss Darrin.

I have to agree with Joe here as well. Also one more reason as to why they can not help.
Too many people try to work the system. It is really sad that when true, real cases, such as yours, come in they have to suffer due to a few rotten apples.

Did you try offering a copy of the death certificate? This might ease the tension.
Just an idea.

this thread is about a member and friend that came here to vent about a disgusting experience with D* customer service and more importantly his loss. sat tv is just that,tv. it's not that important but some of you decided to turn this into another f***** D vs E thread.

:up
this thread is about a member and friend that came here to vent about a disgusting experience with D* customer service and more importantly his loss. sat tv is just that,tv. it's not that important but some of you decided to turn this into another f***** D vs E thread.

Well said Rey

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)