DirecTV not sympathetic to death in family

Status
Please reply by conversation.
All companies can have CSR's that have their heads up their a**. Example, here's a story about a Dish customer that lost their home in one of the California fires, called Dish to disconnect service since he doesn't have a home anymore that they wanted $400, Dish Network Waives Fees After Fire - KCRA News Story - KCRA Sacramento. It took intervention from a TV station to get the charge removed.

the point is direct has a ploicy like all companys on how to go about collection and service . its sad about this guys recent loss . however the only thing i could suggest is to try again or to pay the bill . with that said gotta ask what would have dish done or what would have the cable co in his area done.

Sorry for your loss Darren, and that of your fathers.

Not much I can recomend to you, directv is simply unforgiving. Unfortunately they will eventually realize that customers are unforgiving too.

this thread is about a member and friend that came here to vent about a disgusting experience with D* customer service and more importantly his loss. sat tv is just that,tv. it's not that important but some of you decided to turn this into another f***** D vs E thread.

Couldn't have said it better my self, my friend. Darren, my prayers are with you and your family.

Sorry to hear about your loss, its unfortunate when a company cant even show compassion to those going through tough times, like a death in family.

Darren. Sorry about your loss. Thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

I had to send in a brother's death certificate for D* to quit billing him. :down

Yes,
The personal representative or executor of the estate does that. Contracts end with the death of either party. All persons with debts owed are invited to send final bills and that ends the contract.

This was a little different. There is no legal reason for Directv to waive any payments...the mother died and the father still lives......however........especially in these times....you would think there would be a way to cut someone some slack.

Joe

I'm truly sorry for your loss, I lost my mother to cancer during the early portion of this decade and it's a tough thing to deal with.

My best advice having gone through it myself, is to be there for your dad.....

Now onto DirecTV....

For what it's worth, I would think they would be willing to work with a person on something like this....especially someone who as you said had been a model customer up until this point.

I guess that's not the case...

Yes,
The personal representative or executor of the estate does that. Contracts end with the death of either party. All persons with debts owed are invited to send final bills and that ends the contract.

This was a little different. There is no legal reason for Directv to waive any payments...the mother died and the father still lives......however........especially in these times....you would think there would be a way to cut someone some slack.

Joe

Agreed.
In this economy they could do SOMETHING ....

Hopefully Stonecold is looking into it for him. ( He mentioned about willing to help him if he wanted it.)

My mother has been battling cancer for about 6 months. She passed away on Friday. During the past few months my dad lost track / didnt have the money pay his Bill.

I called DirecTV yesterday to try and arrange a payment plan for him. The idea was that I would pay some of the reconnection charges and part of the past due to get him up and running. My dad has been through hell the past few months and wanted to get his service back so he has an escape.

Long story short, DirecTV refused to do any payment arrangement for him. They basically said he had to pay his full balance and if he couldnt, his business wasnt wanted.

It is imporant to understand that he was not looking for a free ride. Maybe pay an extra 50-80 a month to catch up,and 60-80 up front... in otherwords.. a payment arrangement, which many other companies do. I think that was quite reasonable for someone who has been a good customer since 2004 and, up until now, has always paid on time.

Again, they refused... in fact both customer service people (the first and then a supervisor) were almost rude and unsympathetic.

I am VERY angry at DirecTV. I've learned a lot about this company from this experience. I would strongly recommend anyone who is on the fringe, to go to Dish Network or FiOS. I'm not saying they're any better, but I do know DirecTV doesnt care about their loyal customers.

I really wish Dish Network would offer YES and MSG in HD so I could jump ship. I dispise giving these creeps my money.

Hey Darren, unfortunately you basically have no choice but to do what I did and move over to TWC. Yeah, the DVR is not as good as Dish's, but they gave me an offer I couldn't refuse for two years on their part and no committment on mine. (Double Play for $85 a month with HD DVR and another HD Receiver)

There is no nfl network, but the HD feeds from MSG (Sabres and Rangers) and YES are outstanding and equal to if not better than Dish, plus you will get the ESPN-U HD feed too. If Dish ever works out their Dolan and Yankees issues, I would switch back for the receivers because they are best.

From what I've observed, a lot of directv's customer service woes seem to stem from changes they've made to their system that took away options the CSR could use to fix problems. Not being able to change the commit dates and not being able to reactivate service when theres a balance are good examples.

I also think every service provider should have a department like retention that atypical customer issues are directed to. CSR's and their supervisors are trained to do 97% of the calls that are pretty much run of the mill. When you get someone whose house burned down, had a death in the family, or other extenuating circumstances you need folks who have more training in handling exceptions rather than the routine. The result is a mad customer and lots of customer complaints.

As far as any negative directv bias here, I guess if there is any its a good offset to other sites that are run by people who seem to be auditioning for jobs at directv like their friend got... ;)

My wife used to pay all of the bills and when she died I was lost as far as who to pay when, I had a few late fees but I did have to pay them all. It's a terrible time for your dad I know but a bill is a bill, maybe you could help him out.

As far as any negative directv bias here, I guess if there is any its a good offset to other sites that are run by people who seem to be auditioning for jobs at directv like their friend got... ;)

From the leadership of the other site, I have heard much more even-handed discussion. The whole backwards logo thing was nothing more than sour grapes that adults could not follow simple rules about participating in a program.

It is beyond me why adults cannot see two sites with benefits without feeling personally compelled to pick one. I base my statements only on the all-too-public actions of people. Why would you possibly begrudge someone getting a job in an industry they love? Maybe some companies still recognize useful contributions by offering talented people jobs.

I do not like getting into this p***ing match between the two boards because it is juvenile and pointless. But I am consistently disappointed by the poor decisions made by leadership here. Scott, why not take the opportunity to correct the tone here? Why not actually try to have a healthy relationship with DirecTV instead of grinding an axe over something trivial? Do you honestly believe it is more the place of DirecTV to pay this man's bills for him than it is for his own son? Or are you just so willing to blame DirecTV that you are willing go there?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts