DirecTV Now Price Increase

I didn't say it is a smart decision on their part- but how could a multi-billion dollar national operation be completely oblivious to what their competition is doing?
The outward appearance (Lloyd's "facts in evidence") is compelling that the reality is either being ignored, misinterpreted or spun. None of these approaches is good business practice.
Surely their employees watch TV?
I agree that most of them watch TV but that doesn't mean that they cost compare and follow the trends as we do. I would bet that many that have the option take advantage of the half-off Employee Discount Program for Uverse. The discount for DIRECTV used to be pretty paltry ($10 off Ultimate).

“Willful Ignorance” comes to mind. Some executives may be “invested” in bulling thru, hoping they will eventually be proven right that they can increase revenues simply by raising prices.

Now- will other streamers follow suit and raise THEIR prices?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are not in a vacuum. Competitors will limit that.

“Willful Ignorance” comes to mind. Some executives may be “invested” in bulling thru, hoping they will eventually be proven right that they can increase revenues simply by raising prices.

Now- will other streamers follow suit and raise THEIR prices?

I don't think so. They may need to at some point of course but not in response to or the amount At&t did. Outside looking in At&t looks like a mess with it's video services.

I expect that You Tube, Vue, Hulu and etc will have their prices go up next year but at the same time Dish, DirecTV, Comcast and etc will also have their yearly price increases so the difference in price between Traditional and Streaming will remain the same, but as I have said before the extra savings for OTT Service is no extra fees for boxes, locals, sports, DVR.

Those are savings that Traditional Providers just cannot compete with.

Sent from my LML713DL using the SatelliteGuys app!

"The Dallas-based company is also under pressure from the activist investor Elliott Management Corp. to sell some businesses and boost returns."

I think that explains it all.
What if Elliott Management is right and the path to salvation is divestiture?

Now is not the time to test the dedication of their subscribers. The hew and cry surrounding OTT is that you can leave at the drop of a hat and that motivation is reaching unprecedented levels at a time when AT&T needs mass quantities of cash.

Reactions: comfortably_numb
What sacrifice?
Responsiveness, remote control simplicity, having the content you want on your DVR rather than what they substitute (a shot across YTTV's bow) and having to master several disparate UI motifs (sometimes on the same service if you use different streaming devices) are all possible sacrifices/compromises.

Reactions: navychop
Responsiveness, remote control simplicity, having the content you want on your DVR rather than what they substitute (a shot across YTTV's bow) and having to master several disparate UI motifs (sometimes on the same service if you use different streaming devices) are all possible sacrifices/compromises.

I think "sacrifice" here is subjective. I've had YTTV for over a year. My daughter uses it more than I do, but she has no complaints and neither do I.

Reactions: Gobucks
I agree but not everyone needs a Hopper 3. My wife and I watch our shows fast forward through commercials and that's it.

We don't save movies and TV shows just incase we want to watch them in a year or so. Everyone is different. To each their own.

The YTTV DVR works just fine for some of my relatives.
Nothing beats the Dish DVR functionality. And trick plays.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using the SatelliteGuys app!

Reactions: comfortably_numb

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)