DirecTV Now to be merged with new service?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Directv now has not been doing well. All they ended up doing is charging package prices but streaming instead of by Satellite. Isn't $50 the least expensive you can go?

A few months ago DirecTV Now raised prices (again), got rid of their original tiered channel packages, which had the most comprehensive channel offerings in the OTT space, dropped dozens of popular channels, and tried to make up for the big channel loss by including HBO. Since then, a lot of people have been dropping DTV Now in favor of other OTT services. DTV Now now only has a $50 and $70 tier, but they are both lacking many channels compared to other services at that price.

Reactions: ncted and Tampa8
Directv now has not been doing well.
That's an understatement. There is/was a class-action lawsuit against AT&T regarding false statements made regarding packaging, pricing and the relative success (NOT) of DIRECTV Now.

The planned packaging and pricing schedules I've seen suggest that the new version would mirror the DIRECTV DBS offering with half of the channels at the same price as the DBS package.

Directv now has not been doing well. All they ended up doing is charging package prices but streaming instead of by Satellite. Isn't $50 the least expensive you can go?

Yes, Direct TV Now is expensive compared to others. I still have Dish, like others the DVR issue is what keeps me from switching to streaming completely. Plus I cannot get many channels Dish has. I do like streaming, but not enough to cut the cord. It is a nice add-on. I am wondering what will be included in the Warner part? I used to have Warner for $9.99 a month. They had a lot of the old TV series like 77 Sunset Strip, Surfside 6, Hawaiian Eye, Courtship of Eddie's Father, and others.

Reactions: Tampa8

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts