Status
Please reply by conversation.

dfergie

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
From DIRECTV
We have had some reports on DIRECTV on Demand from over the weekend that we have been able to isolate. A fix is going out right now, so please keep a close eye on those connecting or testing their DIRECTV on Demand connection over the next few hours as this rolls out to make sure those that have encounter problems, regain access.

I noticed this weekend that On Demand wasn't working. You could download one thing, but if you added something to your queue, it looked like it worked but, in reality, it just vanished into the ether. (If you went to download queue, it said "0"). Is this the problem others are having? Do I have to put in a report to get the fix?

This issue happens on multiple DVRs in my household, all of which have working Internet connections, according to the DirecTV system.

I noticed I can download a program, watch it, delete it, then download another program.

If I tell it to download 4 programs it would download one and not the other 3.

I was going to do search on this because I also ran into it. I've actually noticed it last weekend. I tried downloading Armageddon WWII from Smithsonian with the exact same results one works the other 5 episodes no go.

Thanks for the info.

Of course tonight I couldn't check anyway with the blizzard going on right now, no signal. The snow is wet heavy and the lights keep flashing. Oh Well.

I noticed this weekend that On Demand wasn't working. You could download one thing, but if you added something to your queue, it looked like it worked but, in reality, it just vanished into the ether. (If you went to download queue, it said "0"). Is this the problem others are having? Do I have to put in a report to get the fix?

This issue happens on multiple DVRs in my household, all of which have working Internet connections, according to the DirecTV system.

Same thing happened to me so I called up Direct and had to deal with customer service for 20min before the idiot transfered me over to the technical side that deals with on demand and the apps. Tech guys like oh yeah we've been having this issue with a good amount of customers for about a week now. Another thing that I noticed was that if you try to go to 1079 HDnet on demand that it doesn't work at least for me because I have the newer package that HDnet is on 306. I told the tech about this and we tried a few things out. He added the extra add on hd pack to my account to try it out and sure enough it worked. He said I shouldn't have to pay to get it and I said correct. He said that he was sending it up to the programmers so they could send out a fix to this issue.

Just an update on my end.

This morning I checked on demand and went to the Smithsonian Channel and apparently successfully added 5 downloads to the que.

The first episode showed the download arrow and the remaining displayed the "Q".

I'll check later today to see if they actually downloaded.

Prior to today no symbols in the directory after supposedly adding them to the que.

We'll see.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Confused about local channels

HR-23 HDDVR PLUS