Directv On Demand website finally Up

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

jcflesh

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 16, 2007
Well at least i dont know for how long its been up for.. but i checked today.. WWW.Directv.com/ondemand is up and running.. so im guessing we will be able to record remotely from the website instead of the testing site, doesnt show a guide....

According to the introduction video they will have remote booking on the DOD website from directv in the near future

I like the requirements

To enjoy the DIRECTV on DEMAND service, you need:

* A DIRECTV Plus® HD DVR receiver(HR20-700 model)
* Your receiver must be connected to the Internet
* CHOICE™ programming package or higher (FAMILIAR ULTRA™ or higher for Spanish packages)
* HD Access and DVR service
* Broadband Internet service with a minimum connection speed of 750 Kbps or higher (DSL or cable)
* A network router with an available Ethernet port
* A land-based phone line connection
* An available wall outlet

Why would you need a phone line for DOD. I've been using it for sometime with no phone line.

I like the requirements

To enjoy the DIRECTV on DEMAND service, you need:

* A DIRECTV Plus® HD DVR receiver(HR20-700 model)
* Your receiver must be connected to the Internet
* CHOICE™ programming package or higher (FAMILIAR ULTRA™ or higher for Spanish packages)
* HD Access and DVR service
* Broadband Internet service with a minimum connection speed of 750 Kbps or higher (DSL or cable)
* A network router with an available Ethernet port
* A land-based phone line connection
* An available wall outlet

Why would you need a phone line for DOD. I've been using it for sometime with no phone line.

Some items in the VOD library cost.

Has this officially launched? It says Beta on mine, but I'm still on the testing release...should I roll to the national release?

If it's launched...ouch. No major networks and no major On Demand channels (Stern, WWE, etc).

The set up is pretty nice didn't notice any hd progams. Are they going to add hd shows while its still in beta mode?

Remote booking ?

Do you think that the Remote Booking feature (non DOD) will have a price tag to it ?
Hopefully it will be a free option.

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)