Directv Password/parental Locks Tied To Access Card

Status
Please reply by conversation.

goonoob

Original poster
Sep 10, 2007
I recently purchased a used DTV Samsung Sir-TS360 HD reciever to use for free OTA HD broadcasts. However, I need to change the "dish type" from dish to antenna. However, the previous owner set a password lock and I can not get access to the set up (the previous owner is not known, found box at a swap meet).

My question is, are the parental lock passwords tied to the access card or the reciever itself? Ive tried reseting the system, opening it up and looking for some type of cmos battery possibly holding the info and removing, and Ive also tried calling directv but they refuse to help unless im paying for there service.

I was thinking I could use someone else's access card to change the setting (if password/parental locks are tied to access cards) so I could set it. The damn thin works, I just need to change it to antenna. I really dont want to have to go through 10,000 possible password combinations. (0-9, 4 digit password).

The only way I am aware of to reset the password is for D* to do it via the sat signal. At a minimum, you will need to be receiving a signal from the 101 sat for this to work.

Like D* said, though, they won't do this unless you are an existing customer.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)